• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

When was your first 3BLD success?

My first 3BLD success was on the 19th of December, 2014 (which was my one and only success of 2014), with a time of 10:01.99 minutes. I used OP corners as well as OP edges.

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Will Callan
IDK my first success but i do remember lots of memorizing. My first official attempt at Virginia open spring 2015 was off by an M move and the other one i messed up. Then i tried multi and did two but failed both. Finally at nationals i got two successes 4:14 and 4:24

WCA
2013COPP01
Few days after my 40th birthday.
Mine was also a "few" days after my 40th -- a hundred or so. But it was on an airplane flying from the US to the UK. I'd had partial successes with corners-only before that, but never a full BLD solve. I put on the blindfold they give you on the plane, and thought "well, I might as well just give it a go" and when I took it off, I was amazed to see that it was solved. That was 2014; I got my first official 3BLD and MBLD solves in a competition recently.

Want to hide this ad and support the community?