• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

whats your main speedcube?

Whats cube do you use?

• Total voters

stevethecuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is this a 'which cube is the best' thread in disguise or what? :p

nope,i dislike being common,i like being unique,and i already found a thread on the best cube.I just wanted to see which cube is commonly used,:D

so type c now,nice..

So I'm wondering why you expect to find a difference in between which cube people think is best and the cube they use, you'd be quite dumb if you think C is best but use a type D....

I dont need to use the best,im satisfied with my D.

You make no sense, all 3x3 cubes cost approximately the same amount of money :p

I get better times with a D other than all other cubes,

WCA
2008SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel

nope,i dislike being common,i like being unique,and i already found a thread on the best cube.I just wanted to see which cube is commonly used,:D

so type c now,nice..

So I'm wondering why you expect to find a difference in between which cube people think is best and the cube they use, you'd be quite dumb if you think C is best but use a type D....
Meffert's is the best megaminx, yet I still use a MF8, why?
Because Meffert's doesn't make them in white.
Smit'rolled!

stevethecuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

so type c now,nice..

Meffert's is the best megaminx, yet I still use a MF8, why?
Because Meffert's doesn't make them in white.
Smit'rolled!

exactly,personal preference.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

so type c now,nice..

So if you are fastest with D then you must think D is the best speedcube, otherwise you are contradicting yourself :p

stevethecuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

so type c now,nice..

So if you are fastest with D then you must think D is the best speedcube, otherwise you are contradicting yourself :p

im not thinking its the best,For me there's no 'best cube',its all personal preference to me.

HASH-CUBE

YouTube
Visit Channel

so type c now,nice..

im not thinking its the best,For me there's no 'best cube',its all personal preference to me.

+10

Mastronix

so type c now,nice..

+10

+10 xD

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You are right, a best cube always IS personal preference, otherwise the question what is the best cube would be a stupid question. If it was not personal preference everyone would like the same cube, use the same cube and the discussion would be pointless to start with...
That's why the answer to the question 'what is the best cube' will be the same as 'what cube do you use' unless you don't have the ability to get the cube that the person thinks is best (money, paypal account, whatever), or if you are deliberately handicapping yourself.

hawkmp4

Can I request a ban on all "best cube" or "what cube do you use" threads?
This is tiresome... Erik's right. It's the same question and it's been asked sooooo many times.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
stevethecuber, the common convention is to use spaces after all your punctuation. Like this. Sorry, it was just really bugging me.

On topic: I use a storebought cube. DIYs are overrated.

hawkmp4

On topic: I use a storebought cube. DIYs are overrated.
Haha, I've heard another person say it!
I've tried several DIYs. On the order of 10. A nicely broken in storebought just...works. No messing around, no pops.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can I request a ban on all "best cube" or "what cube do you use" threads?
This is tiresome... Erik's right. It's the same question and it's been asked sooooo many times.

If you ban them, you'll have no reason to say 'use the search function' the next time people make a thread like this since the threads don't exist anymore, which gives them all the more reason to create more similar threads.

On-topic: There're many versions of type A so I voted 'other', assuming that type A means the old type A in the poll

hawkmp4

It was half-joking. I don't see why they couldn't be locked with a message to please use the search function. There are already dozens of threads with this topic. Do a search for 'best speedcube' if you don't believe me. If someone takes the time to use the search function they will have no problem finding an appropriate thread to read.

stevethecuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
It was half-joking. I don't see why they couldn't be locked with a message to please use the search function. There are already dozens of threads with this topic. Do a search for 'best speedcube' if you don't believe me. If someone takes the time to use the search function they will have no problem finding an appropriate thread to read.

im not looking for the best.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You still puzzle me, why would you voluntarily want an inferior cube? ^^

On topic: I switched to a type C DIY now :) I like it and it doesn't cost that much work as the combi cube out of the Rubiks.com DIY core and B cubies. Besides, the type of rubiks.com DIY core is an old type. The ones of this year or last year don't function that well with the B type cubies.