• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Whats the worst things in cubing for you?

CubeRed

Here are 25 things for this thread.

Pops
Dropping your cube
Unintentional slice moves
Lock up
Misscrambling big cubes
V perms
Learning algs
Double parity
Over lubing
Under lubing
Being unable to break a barrier
PB fails
Sub 1 second miss of any milestone
COVID CANCELLING ALL THE COMPS AROUND THE WORLD
Explaining stuff to non cubers
Non cubers using your cubes
G PERMS
Edge twisting a 4x4
Wrong colour scheme
(Color? Colour?)
The profile of @WombatWarrior17
Picture cubes
Internal pops
Shipping fee
Being unable to buy cubes
Other cubers flexing on you

Kaiju_cube

thought of one today and then thought of this thread.

Totally a pet peeve, but something I find incredibly annoying:

People don't put the type/brand of cube they're using in their videos. 99% of the time I'll be watching a video on youtube and think, "oh that's a cool looking cube. I wonder what brand/model it is? I sort of want to buy it." ... then I look for info in the description and there's nothing there.

or there's an affiliate code to use their checkout code at The Cubicle or whatever.

Seriously every YouTube cuber should put in the description what the cube they're using in that video is. It would sell cubes. I can't count how many times I've watched a video and been interested in their cube but had no idea what cube it is. Especially when it's a stickerless cube with no logo on it. (this just now happened to me watching a video on Twist Cube solves.)

I see so many videos (non cubing) where people list all the cameras, lights, gear, props, etc. in their videos,.. so it always surprises me that a Cuber doesn't at the very least list the cube he/she is using in the video.

/end rant.

Last edited:

J41

Why?
Learning algs?

I think it's probably a combination of things - poor desk setup in terms of ergonomics, poor posture when solving etc. I'm not at all quick in relative terms (see sig), so some solves are fairly lengthy and sessions can be quite long.

I've taken to only doing one or two solves at a time now as otherwise I get nauseated. I went to the doctor about it - apparently underlying osteoarthritis isn't helping!

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Here are 25 things for this thread.

Pops
Dropping your cube
Unintentional slice moves
Lock up
Misscrambling big cubes
V perms
Learning algs
Double parity
Over lubing
Under lubing
Being unable to break a barrier
PB fails
Sub 1 second miss of any milestone
COVID CANCELLING ALL THE COMPS AROUND THE WORLD
Explaining stuff to non cubers
Non cubers using your cubes
G PERMS
Edge twisting a 4x4
Wrong colour scheme
(Color? Colour?)
The profile of @WombatWarrior17
Picture cubes
Internal pops
Shipping fee
Being unable to buy cubes
Other cubers flexing on you
Pop- Gives you a chance to see if you need to fix tensions or turn differently

Dropping your cube- Teaches you to grip better

Unintentional slice moves- You can fix your executions of algs

Lock up- Improve your turning style

Misscrambling big cubes- It doesn't really matter for 5x5+

V perms- Work on LL influencing

Learning algs- If you don't like it don't do it. Algs are a big part of cubing, I don't see how that's the worst

Double parity- Learn some advanced techniques to avoid OLL parity and learn full PLL parity

Over lubing- Now you know how much is to much

Under lubing- Just add a little more

Being unable to break a barrier- It gives you a challenge, what would be the point of cubing if you didn't have to work for success?

PB fails- How can I avoid this next time?

Sub 1 second off any milestone- That's actually kind of a lot. This is also similar to fails

COVID CANCELLING ALL THE COMPS AROUND THE WORLD- Gives you a chance to practice and become like Tymon

Explaining stuff to non cubers- We were all once non-cubers. Be patient with them, there's stuff you don't understand that people will have to teach or have taught you.

Non cubers using your cubes - If you don't want them using them don't take them with you or keep them somewhere safe

G PERMS: PRACTICE @zzoomer

Edge twisting a 4x4 - I don't know what that is. Do you mean a really bad lockup? Just turn more accurately.

Wrong colour scheme - This one is just flat out wrong. There's no such thing as a wrong color scheme you can choose whatever you want. I switched the White and Yellow on my Elite for a week and there was nothing wrong with it.

(Color? Colour?)- USAUSAUSAUSA

The profile of @WombatWarrior17- An interesting F2L case that you could work on

Picture cubes-? Are shape mods bad to? It's just a fun little variation

Internal pops-You got me there, that ones bad

Shipping fee- That's life.

Being unable to buy cubes-Work with what you have until you can get some

Other cubers flexing on you- They can't flex if your better than them! Improve.

24/25 rebuttaled, follow me for more useless posts

Sent from my Samsung smart toilet using Tapatalk

WCA
2022WEIP01
It only dosen't matter for 6x6+

V PERMS ARE UNDERATED

I almost wanted to stop cubing because my Gan 11 M Pro pops once every 2 solves
My gan 11 m pro does that too! It’s a shame because i get the best times on it, but it’s so annoying

i dont want to tighten it too much because i prefer looser cubes but it’s getting so annoying