• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Whats the best 3 by 3 in your opinion?

Gan 356 X

• Total voters

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't really solved with any of the other cubes, but from at least trying some of the others in competition both while scrambling and while hanging out, I feel like the GTS 3 or the WRM is probably the best flagship on the market right now.

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've seen like 4 of these today alone.
Whenever I see one, it's missing important cubes and including unimportant cubes.

I use the Thunderclap v3. Also, where is the MGC Elite?
None of the Thunderclap cubes are flagships, but still an interesting choice :) I added the MGC, thanks!

MarkA64

YouTube
Visit Channel
I feel that a well-set-up XS might be the best right now. That is not to say it can't be improved on. Reason: super stable and fast.

The Tengyun V2 is probably second best. WRM third.

sumtingwong

Moyu weilong gts2 m, nothing beats how versatile this cube is. This cube can be good for normal 3x3, OH, and 3bld. This cube is also very easy to set up and already good ootb. The gts2 m also has a mid range price of 26.

Sub1Hour

I'm gonna rank these cubes in order of how much potential they have as a puzzle (Only puzzles that I either own or have used)

1. GTS3/WRm Just fantastic overall performance, not to mention they respond extremely well to almost any kind of lube (Mystic is my favorite for both) They have amazing performance and are just overall balanced puzzles that could suit almost anyone with the right set up. Might be a little biased since my HM Mystic GTS3 and Mystic WRm are tied for my 2h main and the GTS3 is my bld main
2. Valk Elite: Former main of mine and favorite of many cubers. Stable but without sacrificing speed or performance. I would even go as far to say that this is tied with the valk for the most objectively reliable cube on the market.
3. Valk 3: See above. I used this cube as a main for almost 8 months until I got my elite. I love the feel of it but I still prefer the elite because its a little faster with similar setups
4. Qiyi Wuwei: Similar story to the valk elite, very stable cube but its not as stable. I love the feel and its like a combination of the GTS3 and the Valk 3x3s. Even the mech looks like a cross between them. Underrated cube and is an absolute steal for the price
5. MGC Elite: I have not spent a ton of time with this cube but it's great. Solid performance across the board with a feeling that is really nice and responsive.
6. RS3: People have strong opinions on this cube but I mained it for a while with an HM angstrom setup. It does not appeal to most cubers but I really enjoyed using it and made my first 3x3 final with this cube. It can be uncontrollable if you aren't used to it and it's a little heavy, but I still enjoy the cube.
7: MF3RS2: a stable and smooth cube that fits almost any turning style. I get great times on it and considered using it in competition but it's a little bit too slow. Aside from speed, I don't really have any complaints aside from a pretty bad pop I got on it one time.
8: GTS2: Very fast cube with good performance. I have 2 of them and the first one I got was my longest-standing main, it stood for 1 year until I got my GTS3. Has a very wide appeal to a lot of cubers and was the perfect feet cube (RIP)
9: Tengyun: The same story as the RS3, can be fantastic in the right hands but it's hard to use for most people. It's very useful as a travel cube though since it has a very quiet scratchy sound that doesn't bother anyone. The performance is good but it has its issues with stability and lockups (for me at least). The best thing about it is the feel. It's very satisfying to turn but its also hard to control it.
10: Huanglong. It's a decent cube that has been pretty much everyone's main for about a week until they switch to something else. The hardware is perfectly fine but if you buy it factory magnetic the magnets will fall out. The performance and stability don't have much to boast but the feel is nice and smooth at a great speed as well. I don't have many positive opinions on it but I don't have any negative ones either.
11: Gan cubes: I'm putting all of the gan 3x3s since the air in the same category since they all perform roughly the same since they all have the same design. Aside from me not liking gan since they have not done anything new with their cubes aside from GES and Magnets (Stolen from GuoGuan) in literal years. The only gan cube I have is the original 354 and after trying cubes at competitions it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on anything new. Just the same cube with a STUPID MATTE FINISH. They are very hard to control and the M slices are terrible. I don't know why people use their cubes aside from trying to flex. The stability leaves much to be desired and the cube deforms like crazy unless you make it so tight you cant corner cut well. The cubes are only able to be taken advantage of by a very small portion of the populations and if you are maining a gan cube, I would recommend trying something else just in case you have been hurting your times with an inferior product at a ridiculous price. Also side note, their smart cube hardware is good, but the software is absolutely awful.

TLDR, GTS3, WRm, and Valk line is best, gan is worst.

MBCubes

WCA
2018GRAH05
What do you not like about the XS?
It’s unstable and has bad cornercutting which is a really bad mix and it’s generally just overrated and way too expensive.

I'm gonna rank these cubes in order of how much potential they have as a puzzle (Only puzzles that I either own or have used)

1. GTS3/WRm Just fantastic overall performance, not to mention they respond extremely well to almost any kind of lube (Mystic is my favorite for both) They have amazing performance and are just overall balanced puzzles that could suit almost anyone with the right set up. Might be a little biased since my HM Mystic GTS3 and Mystic WRm are tied for my 2h main and the GTS3 is my bld main
2. Valk Elite: Former main of mine and favorite of many cubers. Stable but without sacrificing speed or performance. I would even go as far to say that this is tied with the valk for the most objectively reliable cube on the market.
3. Valk 3: See above. I used this cube as a main for almost 8 months until I got my elite. I love the feel of it but I still prefer the elite because its a little faster with similar setups
4. Qiyi Wuwei: Similar story to the valk elite, very stable cube but its not as stable. I love the feel and its like a combination of the GTS3 and the Valk 3x3s. Even the mech looks like a cross between them. Underrated cube and is an absolute steal for the price
5. MGC Elite: I have not spent a ton of time with this cube but it's great. Solid performance across the board with a feeling that is really nice and responsive.
6. RS3: People have strong opinions on this cube but I mained it for a while with an HM angstrom setup. It does not appeal to most cubers but I really enjoyed using it and made my first 3x3 final with this cube. It can be uncontrollable if you aren't used to it and it's a little heavy, but I still enjoy the cube.
7: MF3RS2: a stable and smooth cube that fits almost any turning style. I get great times on it and considered using it in competition but it's a little bit too slow. Aside from speed, I don't really have any complaints aside from a pretty bad pop I got on it one time.
8: GTS2: Very fast cube with good performance. I have 2 of them and the first one I got was my longest-standing main, it stood for 1 year until I got my GTS3. Has a very wide appeal to a lot of cubers and was the perfect feet cube (RIP)
9: Tengyun: The same story as the RS3, can be fantastic in the right hands but it's hard to use for most people. It's very useful as a travel cube though since it has a very quiet scratchy sound that doesn't bother anyone. The performance is good but it has its issues with stability and lockups (for me at least). The best thing about it is the feel. It's very satisfying to turn but its also hard to control it.
10: Huanglong. It's a decent cube that has been pretty much everyone's main for about a week until they switch to something else. The hardware is perfectly fine but if you buy it factory magnetic the magnets will fall out. The performance and stability don't have much to boast but the feel is nice and smooth at a great speed as well. I don't have many positive opinions on it but I don't have any negative ones either.
11: Gan cubes: I'm putting all of the gan 3x3s since the air in the same category since they all perform roughly the same since they all have the same design. Aside from me not liking gan since they have not done anything new with their cubes aside from GES and Magnets (Stolen from GuoGuan) in literal years. The only gan cube I have is the original 354 and after trying cubes at competitions it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on anything new. Just the same cube with a STUPID MATTE FINISH. They are very hard to control and the M slices are terrible. I don't know why people use their cubes aside from trying to flex. The stability leaves much to be desired and the cube deforms like crazy unless you make it so tight you cant corner cut well. The cubes are only able to be taken advantage of by a very small portion of the populations and if you are maining a gan cube, I would recommend trying something else just in case you have been hurting your times with an inferior product at a ridiculous price. Also side note, their smart cube hardware is good, but the software is absolutely awful.

TLDR, GTS3, WRm, and Valk line is best, gan is worst.
I pretty much completely agree with you except I rank the wrm much higher than the gts3 since I love the wrm but I really don’t like the gts3