• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the origin of your SpeedSolving profile picture?

Hazel

Premium Member
Whenever I see a user with a human or humanoid in their avatar, I always subconsciously think of the person as that figure. For example, if someone's profile picture is of a Muppet, I'll imagine them to look like that muppet. It's only recently crossed my mind that many people look nothing like their profile pictures :p Some people's avatars are super interesting, too!

So, what's the origin of your avatar?
I'll start: my avatar is a drawing I found of Futaba Sakura, my favorite character from my favorite video game, Persona 5.

brododragon

First, you need to know my username backstory: My dad has always called 'brododragon'. I dunno why. Anyway, it just kinda stuck. Fast forward a couple years, and I'm looking through dragon pictures for my profile picture on scratch.mit.edu. I found this cut dragon, Andthen found out that it was a GIF (I love GIFs). Sadly, this website doesn't play GIFs in profile pics. Here’s the GIF: https://tenor.com/view/dragon-rawr-baby-dragon-gif-8180489

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ermmm... Self explanatory. I always see people by their prof pics same. Also I don’t realised what some people’s are until like ages
looking at them. I just see some colours and shape, then think ‘Oh, thats a xxxxx’

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My family and I have always been avid readers. One YA series that I particularly liked was the Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner. The main character is a thief by the name of Gen, which also happen to be my initials reversed.
I found an image of The Thief's book cover and cropped the image of a cube in my solving orientation into the hands using MS paint.
If you can't tell, it's also where my user name comes from.

Etotheipi

My family and I have always been avid readers. One YA series that I particularly liked was the Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner. The main character is a thief by the name of Gen, which also happen to be my initials reversed.
I found an image of The Thief's book cover and cropped the image of a cube in my solving orientation into the hands using MS paint.
If you can't tell, it's also where my user name comes from.
That was a great series.