• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the fastest kilominx method?

highnickk

WCA
2019TROF04
I'm thinking of getting into speedsolving the kilominx, and I'm wondering if there are any methods that are faster than the beginners/layer by layer method.

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is just my approach, I’m not very fast (~26) but I’ve thought about it a good bit.

I recommend using basically Westlund but you solve pieces in two basic ways:

1 corner at a time. Just basic Westlund method.

2 corners at a time. Make a bar of two corners and then insert as a pair.

Don’t limit yourself to only one of these two methods but do whatever you see first. Practice both of these techniques separately in untimed solves then use them both. I would also recommend having a fixed order after you solve the first layer but once again (especially at a faster speed) don’t limit yourself: solve what you see.

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm thinking of getting into speedsolving the kilominx, and I'm wondering if there are any methods that are faster than the beginners/layer by layer method.
The way that I go about it is:

1. Build a layer. Blocks or whatever, get it done.
2a. Put one piece of S2L in
2b. Solve pairs of two corners for the rest of S2L (I guess like westlund?)
3. LL: OCLL/PLL

I've averaged sub 30 with this when I used to practice kilo. There was also an LL method proposed a while ago, where you permute two corners while doing OCLL so that you only have the good PLL or skip. I can't find it right now, and I don't even know if the algs/recog are good enough to be worth it.

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
Ima make a 1LLL kilo sheet. Give me a week
CLL*
anyway here's one that already exists:

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
CLL*
anyway here's one that already exists:
If you want to be specific like that then I would like to remind you of a conversation in the SS chat where I insisted we call it OLLCP. If you are going to be redundant you might as weel be so as much as possible. The solvable pieces of the last layer of kilominx consists of only corners so it doesn't matter if you call it 1LLL, CLL, or OLLCP. OLLCP is honestly the coolest sounds and most redundant so you might as well do that.