• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the difference between different "TYPES" of 3x3 cubes?

I have seen in many videos ..........like Type A , Type C, Type F

They also have subcategories like Type F I , Type F II, Type F III etc

What is the difference between them ............can anybody give me a detailed in depth answer

and what are the uniqueness of each type

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Type A = Alpha
Type D = Diansheng
Type C = Witeden
Type F = Some other brand I can't remember

Then the numbers just represent what cube it is, Type C II is the 2nd cube by witeden, the A V is the fifth cube by alpha

None of those cubes are in popular use anymore

Dong

I never knew either. All I knew was the brand names and asian names of different cubes.
The Type A-B-C-etc thing made me think cubes were built differently like Gans Cores and Normal cylinder core things are different.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have seen in many videos ..........like Type A , Type C, Type F

They also have subcategories like Type F I , Type F II, Type F III etc

What is the difference between them ............can anybody give me a detailed in depth answer

and what are the uniqueness of each type

There are slight differences in the structures of the cubes. If you look closely at the edges, corners, and cores, they have minor differences which have varying effects on how the puzzle feels.

But I don't know the details as I never cared. Back in the day some people were hardcore and knew every detail. There are people that are the same today with the newer generation of hardware (since dayan).