• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

what is moyu's factory lube? can i buy it anywhere?

RoundUpCubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
started playing around with my meilong m and i absolutely love it, especially the lube. can i get this anywhere? cant find it on scs, and cubicle has them marked as discontinued...

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
That might not actually be what they use at the factory. From what I remember of Moyu factory tour video by Antoine Cantin, they use a thin spray silicone that comes in a big metal can.
I'm not sure which kind of that they use but I would assume this is how they make their premium cubes, I think its the "A" series, but It's as close as you can get since the silicon spray they use is unknown (I think)

Plus, I have their lube 2 and I'd go ahead and say it's better than silicon spray even though it's basically just maru in a different bottle.

On a side note, for some reason I've never heard of the "electroplated" cubes they have on their store, they look super cool and I think I might pick one up. The megaminx is probably my favorite looking one though since it looks like Bismuth.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
started playing around with my meilong m and i absolutely love it, especially the lube. can i get this anywhere? cant find it on scs, and cubicle has them marked as discontinued...

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure which kind of that they use but I would assume this is how they make their premium cubes, I think its the "A" series, but It's as close as you can get since the silicon spray they use is unknown (I think)

Plus, I have their lube 2 and I'd go ahead and say it's better than silicon spray even though it's basically just maru in a different bottle.

On a side note, for some reason I've never heard of the "electroplated" cubes they have on their store, they look super cool and I think I might pick one up. The megaminx is probably my favorite looking one though since it looks like Bismuth.

I got curious. You can see it clearly here

Screenshot from 2021-01-19 17-07-46.png

For reference, brand is 权信 and rubiks cube is 魔方
I didnt have much luck finding the spray online.

Other sites showed people using D39 which looks like a Japanese multipurpose lubricant and can be purchased from cubelelo

1611103445004.png

Last edited: