• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What events do you not like?

What events don't you like?

• Feet

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • FMC

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Square-1

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Clock

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • Skewb

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • BLD/MultiBLD

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Pyraminx

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Megaminx

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Other (tell me below)

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • I like all of the events

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Clock is simply because it is not a twisty puzzle

I hate it when people say this. It's not technically a twisty puzzle, but it has the same functionality in that it's different each time, which is why Magic was removed and I just don't like cupstacking. Clock is just a nice puzzle, and it's got as much right to be in the WCA as SQ1, OH and FT.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hate it when people say this. It's not technically a twisty puzzle, but it has the same functionality in that it's different each time, which is why Magic was removed and I just don't like cupstacking. Clock is just a nice puzzle, and it's got as much right to be in the WCA as SQ1, OH and FT.

I feel like this has become the Clock'n'Feet thread.

Don't get me wrong, I love Square-1 as a puzzle, but it shouldn't be a speed event.

qaz

WCA
2013BROW04
I feel like this has become the Clock'n'Feet thread.

Don't get me wrong, I love Square-1 as a puzzle, but it shouldn't be a speed event.

Why not? It's extremely impressive how fast world-class people are at square-1.

If your sentiment is that it's too algorithmic, not a lot of algorithms are needed to be fairly fast and there are more intuitive block building methods that have potential as well.

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04

Did you happen to read the rest of the reason why I don't think clock should be official?

If you did, you would know that I go on to say that since it is only non-twisty WCA puzzle, it stands out. Either add more perhaps 15 puzzle or geranium puzzle; or remove clock altogether. In the current state it makes no sense why it is an event. It would be like if a car company decided to make one motorcycle, but no more. If you are going to branch out, then don't do half the job, or leave it incomplete.

Kudz

or to buy a dayan

Got mini dayan too. I got mini witeden, my parents took all my cubes and ofc min witeden get lost -_-. Also my dayan got too much Mary 1/3 of this bottle than fall on ground when I was running and now it is super loud. I was trying to repair but it is dead. And that's why I couldn't use it on lessons.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel

This is just your opinion, not a fact ;) I personally think it should be removed.

JamesDanko

WCA
2014LANG04
I really enjoy feet, and I think it adds a new challenge that no one has really considered. I know it seems gross to some, but other than that I don't really see how it is so bad. It is just adding a restriction, along the lines of OH and BLD.