• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What events do you not like?

What events don't you like?

• Feet

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • FMC

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Square-1

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Clock

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • Skewb

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • BLD/MultiBLD

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Pyraminx

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Megaminx

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Other (tell me below)

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • I like all of the events

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

turtwig

well clock has completely different functionality from a standard "twisty Puzzle". and by that logic solving a rubik's cube or even a 7x7 is the same, every time.

But for clock, you solve the clocks in the same order every time and the only difference is how much you turn it or if it's a skip

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04
Only events that I do not like/think should be in WCA is clock and feet.

Clock is simply because it is not a twisty puzzle and so it does not belong in the WCA at its current state. It is currently the only non-twisty puzzle and so it is odd one out. If more non-twisty puzzles were to added, I may change my opinion because it will fit better and not be the odd event left out.

Feet because of sanitary reasons. Having people walk around bare foot, and then the scramblers, and judges have to touch the cube afterwards, and not to mention the timers and mats getting plenty of contact with feet. It also brings a negative side from the public and makes cubers in general look disgusting and leaves an overall bad impression in their minds.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Only events that I do not like/think should be in WCA is clock and feet.

Clock is simply because it is not a twisty puzzle and so it does not belong in the WCA at its current state. It is currently the only non-twisty puzzle and so it is odd one out. If more non-twisty puzzles were to added, I may change my opinion because it will fit better and not be the odd event left out.

Feet because of sanitary reasons. Having people walk around bare foot, and then the scramblers, and judges have to touch the cube afterwards, and not to mention the timers and mats getting plenty of contact with feet. It also brings a negative side from the public and makes cubers in general look disgusting and leaves an overall bad impression in their minds.

That's probably why my dad doesn't want me doing feet. I don't like it as an event anyway. It's more of a cool trick to show your friends.

Well, so far the poll isn't too surprising, especially considering the top two. Clock and feet are my least favorite myself.

Themagicman03

I HATTTTE feet so much. I despise it. First off, without practice, turning it with feet is near impossible, and my first feet solve was over a half hour. Also, It's gross since at comps you have to touch the cube after and the judge has to touch it and you walk around barefoot. Lastly, i have brought cubes to school or to a friends house, and they sometimes pick up my main feet cube and then i tell them and they hate me and throw it. i can't see a positive thing about feet. I love clock though lol.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Clock is only in the WCA because it's Rubik's. There are no other non-twisty puzzles, despite the 15-puzzle existing and other companies like YJ making things like this: http://www.lightake.com/p/YJ-YJ0333-Rainbow-Ball-Football-Magic-Speed-Cube-FinHop_M1212.html
Pretty much, if the WCA decided to govern more events like that (not really twisty puzzles but other combination-type puzzles), it would be logical, but now it's just showing the WCA's unnecessary bias towards the Rubik's brand. This is also not even a complete bias because Magic was removed (despite being a non-twisty Rubik's brand puzzle) and there aren't other events like Snake or Rubik's 360. Also, people may say that 15-puzzle is illogical to add because anyone can solve it intuitively, unlike most other events which pose more of a challenge to the general public. But the same could somewhat be said for clock, considering its lack of algorithms, at least for the beginners' method that I know. Eh, all of that is just my opinion, but other than that, I don't think there are any bad events.

irontwig

WCA
2010JERN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Feet: Even though I think WF is really silly (and wouldn't stand a chance of being added today), I can't wrap my head around this North American podophobia.
Sq1: Too algorithmic.
Clock: Barely a puzzle.
6x6, 7x7: Nothing new, just takes longer.

Kudz

I don't like pyraminx, solving it tires my hands a lot.
Also I HATE 4x4. When I was practicing 5x5 I was making almost same times. Also my mini aosu is quite bad.
Fun fact: I can't lookahead on 4x4, but I can throw it and make DNF every time (101% true)