• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What events do you not like?

What events don't you like?

• Feet

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • FMC

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Square-1

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Clock

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • Skewb

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • BLD/MultiBLD

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Pyraminx

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Megaminx

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Other (tell me below)

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • I like all of the events

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, every once in a while, I think about the events that the WCA has to offer. For one, we have 3x3 with feet. Why? I don't understand why we need six events just for 3x3. (3x3, OH, feet, FMC, blind, multiblind) Feet is fun to do, but it's kind of weird and useless having it as an event. Speaking of 3x3 events, FMC is time consuming, but I personally don't think it's too bad of an event. Next up, Square-1. I think Square-1 is more of a collector's puzzle and shouldn't be a speed event. Maybe it's because my CubeTwist drove me nuts with the caps always falling off, but I've never really been interested in Square-1. How about Clock? Clock doesn't even look like it should be an event. It looks like it belongs on someone's wall (especially the wall of someone who has friends in 8 other time zones). I've never tried Clock, but I don't think I ever will. Finally, Skewb... actually, I'm just a Skewb Noob. Good event actually.

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3x3 is the classical puzzle and in general the most popular, so it's not too surprising there are 6 official variants.
But yeah, they all offer something unique except for feet which is just OH 2.0 (3x3 with handicap).

I personally don't like big cubes because it takes ages to solve and I'm impatient.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
3x3 is the classical puzzle and in general the most popular, so it's not too surprising there are 6 official variants.
But yeah, they all offer something unique except for feet which is just OH 2.0 (3x3 with handicap).

I personally don't like big cubes because it takes ages to solve and I'm impatient.

The first time I solved a 7x7 for a friend, it took me FOREVER, because it was the first time I had solved one. The biggest cube I actually own is a 5x5, and I don't plan on changing that too soon.

b0ssGuy23

WCA
2015FAZE01
Events I love/really like:
3x3
4x4
Skewb
Pyraminx
OH (I have really bad official times, I actually average sub 35).

Events I don't personally care about, but I don't hate:
2x2
5x5
6x6
Square 1
Megaminx
All BLD events

Events I despise:
7x7
Clock
FMC
Feet

That pretty much sums it up.

turtwig

Feet - because it's feet. Also it's slow and you have to use YOUR FEET.
Clock - because it's not a twisty puzzle and every solve is essentially the same
a clock is a device used to tell time and IS NOT EVEN A PLATONIC SOLID
agreed, clock is just random.
Pyraminx - I'm actually ok with pyra, but it's my least favorite event after Feet and clock mostly because I suck and I don't like tips.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Out of all the events I've done, 2x2 is dumb. I rarely do FMC and I'm not too keen on OH, Pyraminx or Skewb, but I don't hate them. Clock seems silly. I might actually try some feet solves so I can see how much I like it. All of the blind events look cool though. Also I agree with WACWCA, big cubes become very fun when you start getting fast at them, and megaminx apparently.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Skewb because I can't get my head around how it moves, Square one as it's evil and shifty and feet because it makes cubers look like fools. I'm not keen on Pyraminx and I doubt I'd ever like clock but I've never actually touched one. I only really like proper cubes. I'll never compete in the higher level ones as I can't make hard cut.

Last edited:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
The only reason why I like big cubes is because you can be fast without algs
Thus I despise 2x2 and to some extent skewb (although I think I'm decently fast at it) because to get fast you need to learn 100s of algs.

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Everyone is being so negative :(
Here's a reason to like every event now:
2x2 - EG is really cool, and Dayans feel really nice
3x3 - no one dislikes 3x3, I don't even need a reason here
4x4 - It's a quick cube that you can practice Yau/Redux on for bigger cubes without wasting time.
5x5 - centers are just awesome
6x6 and 7x7 - they're cool, and the edges are even more cool
Pyra - The turning style you do to speedsolve it is really fun :D
Mega - S2L <3
Skewb: first layer is nice
SQ1: Qiyi, and the fact that you can do one algorithm for each step (even Cubeshape, even though most people don't)
Clock: one of the coolest mechanisms EVER, and not too frustrating (EXCEPT FOR THE REGSSSSSSSSS)
OH - it looks really cool even when you lock up
FT - ummm ummm it's.. um.... impressive? i guess?
FMC - It's the most interesting event imo
all BLD events - SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL