• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What do u feel when some one you knwo beats you in time

PandaBoi

I dont have this issue cuz my friend solves it in 5 mins but i was just wondering, how do you feel when somebody you know is faster than you and you just some how cant catch up to them? do you feel dumb?

Berry

I think I acctually improve faster when I am competing against someone else, and no I dont feel dumb if someone is faster then me. Everyone has a different learning curve.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well Everyone in my chain reaction is slower. The only person that's faster is the one who taught me. But I'll beat him one day. and I keep studying because I don't want my students to beat me. =)

YouTube
Visit Channel
Luckily, I don't personally know anyone who is faster than me (then again, I don't really know too many people who really care about cubing). See, when people I know are better than me in something, I get angry, pissed off, and worked up. Unfortunately, I don't do anything about it other than brood, so all it does is increase my stress level. It's bad for me.

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
There was this kid who I always raced and I always beat him so I said "I'll to do you do 1" And he said "Fine but you're way too cocky" And he beat me before I finished my first because he got an ll skip". Get what I deserve I guess. I don't really care if someone's faster than me though.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
See, when people I know are better than me in something, I get angry, pissed off, and worked up. Unfortunately, I don't do anything about it other than brood, so all it does is increase my stress level. It's bad for me.

I would advise staying away from competitions.