• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Weston-super-Mare Open 2012 (UK)

Would you come to the Weston-super-Mare Open 2012?

• Yes

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Guys,

I'm starting to get another UK comp organised for the 14th/15th of July in the town of Weston-super-Mare, near Bristol.
Venue is currently set as the Winter Gardens (google it for info :p ) and kinch2002 is provisional delegate. The competiton will include all official events, and maybe some others if there is time.

The reason I've made a thread is to find out how many people would consider coming, so I can tell if it would work or not. There would probably be a limit of 40 competitiors, but please respond if you think you might come along.

The website for this competition will be http://southwestcubecomps.webs.com/

Registration will open May 1st at 6:30 PM BST (UTC+1)
Registration will be done through the WCA site.

Last edited:

dr01d3k4

YouTube
Visit Channel
I might be able to go. I know I won't have any exams near then and it's a weekend so I won't be disturbed by school, so it just depends on if I can get there. I hope I can though - my first competition :D

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If the limit is 30, I probably wouldn't go because I can only go out on sundays, and I'm sure someone else would love to compete both days. It sounds like a good idea though.

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
I will be still working at that time which means I should have sufficient funds (Return trips between Dublin and Bristol at that weekend cost 120 euro:( ) but also have to go back early on Sunday.
If I'm coming I will most likely take the plane back departs at 3:10pm on Sunday from Bristol. I hope the venue won't be too far away from the railway station otherwise I have to leave very early or maybe can't take any events on Sunday at all..

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will be still working at that time which means I should have sufficient funds (Return trips between Dublin and Bristol at that weekend cost 120 euro:( ) but also have to go back early on Sunday.
If I'm coming I will most likely take the plane back departs at 3:10pm on Sunday from Bristol. I hope the venue won't be too far away from the railway station otherwise I have to leave very early or maybe can't take any events on Sunday at all..

The venue is about 5/10 minutes walk away from the station, so it should allow enough time for you to still take part in stuff on sunday. ;)