• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Weird progression

Thumbprint

I started cubing not too long ago, and I made lots of progress very quickly. I entered the 30 second barrier and couldn't break it for around two months. About a week ago, I skipped the sub-30 barrier and instantly became sub-25 overnight and I'm not sure why. Does anyone have any explanation for this or a similar experience?

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
I can sort of relate. For OH, I made a massive jump from sub 1 to sub 45 overnight last summer, then my average crept down to sub 40 and ended up at 35. About a month ago, I practised again for a few days to work on my fingertricks and lookahead, and then jumped to sub 30.

My best guess is that you suddenly developed faster fingertricks overnight, but I can't be certain because I'm not you

StrategySam

I started cubing not too long ago, and I made lots of progress very quickly. I entered the 30 second barrier and couldn't break it for around two months. About a week ago, I skipped the sub-30 barrier and instantly became sub-25 overnight and I'm not sure why. Does anyone have any explanation for this or a similar experience?
I kinda had the same thing, when I used to use CFOP a while ago I like skipped from 35 seconds to 30 seconds. I am pretty sure its because I didn't think as much during my f2l. Pairing and inserting just became automatic.

Waffles

Same thing for me with clock. I was averaging about 45, stopped for the day, next time I picked it up I got a 22 first try and proceeded to average 30.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
ah yes, That happened many times for me. I got sub 30 instantly, then after a month of plateauing, I suddenly got sub 25 in a day lol

WCA
2022WEIP01
I plateaued at about 28 secs than after learning full OLL and practicing, my times dropped to about 22.
More practicing brought it down to 20 secs.