• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

We Need More Competitions in Perth!

Do you think we need more competitions in Perth? or even more anywhere in Australia

• Yes, I think we do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I think we don't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
There can never be too many competitions. You should definitely find a good venue and organise one.

There can be too many. If the place isn't big enough to sutain it. Three comps in a is plenty for one city.

I have been to 2 comps this year and a third is weekend after next. Those comps were in Wellington, Christchurch, and will be in Auckland. I consider that quite a few in this amount of time. So three without travel in one year isn't any thing to complain about. I few years ago the gap between NZ Nats and the next comp in NZ has been 5 months.

Gold Cuber

WCA
2017SIMC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There can be too many. If the place isn't big enough to sutain it. Three comps in a is plenty for one city.

I have been to 2 comps this year and a third is weekend after next. Those comps were in Wellington, Christchurch, and will be in Auckland. I consider that quite a few in this amount of time. So three without travel in one year isn't any thing to complain about. I few years ago the gap between NZ Nats and the next comp in NZ has been 5 months.
melbourne has about 6! al the other competitions are in the east part. the only competitions that are in the west half (WA) and the middle of australia is Perth. people come from about 3 hours away!

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
to correct you the comps are not just for the whole city, but he whole state and more
While that may be true. If you want more comps try and organise your self. Australia has a much bigger population NZ so you'd expect more comps. 3 hours isn't far anyway. I have travelled 6 hours to go to Hamilton comps, I flew to the Auckland comps (expect NZ Nats but I was in Northland before it).

Organise your own if you want one so badly. Also the South Island in New Zealand has only ever had 2 comps both in Christchurch that can happen in less populated area of a country.