• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WCA profiles should tell you the state the cuber lives in (No)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidanNoogie

WCA
2017MCKE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

Who else thinks that WCA profiles should tell you the state the cuber lives in, and give you the option to email them?

I'm helping organize a competition Maine, but getting in contact with people from Maine is hard, because I don't know of many cubers from Maine, and the problem with just finding people that have been to past comps is that I don't know if their for ME or NH, so it would help if I knew what state their from, and if it had the option to email them, even without showing their email address.

So tell me what you think!

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't care what states people in the US live in. I doubt the rest of the world would care much. The WCA isn't really the place for this. What would be the equivalent for other countries?

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't care what states people in the US live in. I doubt the rest of the world would care much. The WCA isn't really the place for this. What would be the equivalent for other countries?

I suppose for some countries (like Canada) they could put provinces, but really the only thing that would work for a majority of the world would be to put someone's city. I find that saying the city someone lives in is too personal, so I think leaving it at just countries is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.