• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WCA 2016 Regulation Change Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

peedoo72

Title says it all, If you want a change in the WCA then put it here. If you like someone's idea, quote it and put "+1". Maybe WCA will implement these changes in 2016!!

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
Add an event. Idc which

No. Just no.

We already have enough (maybe even too many) official events.

Maybe we could add 1 or 2 more if there would be some very popular puzzles that people widely solved competitively already (but even then I'm not sure if we should) BUT just saying "add an event because I want moar events. I don't even care what event it will be" is just flat out nonsense to me.

Also for removing clock I have mixed feelings:
1. I really think it shouldn't be an event because it's not a twisty puzzle at all.
2. I hate the idea of removing events because some people have used many many hours practising those events and just randomly deciding that "your event is removed and all your practise was futile after all" seems really unfair to me...

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought this would be serious thread, but it seems that a lot of people just want to mock on the events that they don't like/they suck in them (sad true)

- Feet format should be changed into av5
- 4BLD and 5BLD events should have recognised mo3 in official rankings

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel

I'm more towards removing Feet in general, but if it isn't removed then it should definitely be changed to Ao5. If you pop during a solve it's basically game over. Same with twisted pieces.

All the other events have enough support to be kept imo.

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought this would be serious thread, but it seems that a lot of people just want to mock on the events that they don't like/they suck in them (sad true)

I'm not really mocking clock at all, I'm just stating why I'm not a fan of clock.

I guess adding an average of 5 format is reasonable, if organizers disagree with this, then don't hold a comp with feet average of 5, do best of 1, 2, 3, or even 0.

Also, median of 3 could be a possible idea, but I'm not sure about this

Last edited:

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01

I'm not sure who specifically you're talking about, but I'm in no way "mocking on" feet. I am serious that it should be removed. There's been a fair bit of controversy on it ever since it was added, there are several aspects of it I don't like, but that's not my entire reasoning. Avg5 would be a good alternative though..

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
That would make totally no sense. It would also ruin some of the FMC results, because R L' is now considered as 2 moves (as it should be..)

R L would still be considered two moves haha

Even though I use roux, I dont really care about the whole argument about M slice off being +2 and not DNF. if I get a plus two, then its gonna be the worst solve and I really dont care (since it would be no different than having a DNF). If its not somehow my worst solve, then thats my fault.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
R L would still be considered two moves haha

Even though I use roux, I dont really care about the whole argument about M slice off being +2 and not DNF. if I get a plus two, then its gonna be the worst solve and I really dont care (since it would be no different than having a DNF). If its not somehow my worst solve, then thats my fault.

M is the same as x' R L', it would have to apply also to FMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.