• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Waterman Discussion

Just some Updates I have atm a stable 24 sec ao5 and first layer needs 6 secs atm. However i practice Watermans method for the 4x4 which is really brilliant
Hey! I would really like to see some solve recordings, and how fast are you now? This post was a month ago.

Also, as soon as I download kubesolve, I will be genning WCLL and WEG1!
@efattah

CLL: 42
Solve one ledge and one redge, and/or solve 2 redges in the R layer, and/or solve ledge+2 redges: 110-120 algos
Solve last 2 redge while orienting the midges, which also includes the case of solve last ledge while orienting midges and solve last redge while orienting midges: 48*4 +32 = 224 algos
roux 4c: no algos, basically intuitive
Where can I find algorithms for solving the last ledge while solving two redges, and what is the exact number of algorithms for this?

Also, better tutorial coming soon!

Where can I find algorithms for solving the last ledge while solving two redges, and what is the exact number of algorithms for this?

Also, better tutorial coming soon!
@efattah could you please link algorithms for solving the last ledge while solving two redges?

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just tell me some tips and tricks to get faster at the waterman method. Example solves and links will be allowed as well. I am sub-30 in Waterman and look in about a year from now be sub-15.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've been looking at this method and I have some questions:

1. what's the avg. move count for a solve?

2. What is humanly possible optimal 1x3x3 block on average (I'm guessing ~16 moves)

This method seems interesting, what are your opinions on it?
I am sub-30 with this method. I am trying to get to sub-15 in about a year or so.

the waterman's method

i didnt see anything on this so i figured id start one.
since there only seem to be 2 people who use waterman myself an 5BLD

who uses the waterman's method and how can we improve on it?
how do i increase my cube reconigition for this method
finger tricks.
I use waterman

During inspection, I always find the easiest ways to start off the 1st layer minus an edge. Sometimes (but very rarely) im able to inspect the whole 1st layer minus an edge during inspection.

I am sub-30 with waterman by the way.

Thanks for the info, I'll analyze that later.

That takes well over 20 moves. Even very primitive block building is much faster.
I like the suggestion but blockbuilding is way faster (I think)

I don't know but I use simplified. Try that first then you choose one or the other of the other 2 choices.
Tips:
1. Practice FL-1E efficiency. It should be able to be sub-16 moves every time
2. Learn WCLL on right. It's much better than doing it on top.
3. Use S moves during L9E. This is an underrated trick
4. Learn full LREO
5. Try to be at least x2y colour neutral

Last edited:

Hyperion

WCA
2022LANA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been cubing for about a year and I'm just at sub-20 barely. I enjoy finding different methods and learning them all. One method, though, called the Waterman method, is proving to be very difficult to find tutorials to. If any of Y'all know of any websites or youtube videos on how to learn the Waterman method, could you please post a link below?
Thanks and happy cubing!

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been cubing for about a year and I'm just at sub-20 barely. I enjoy finding different methods and learning them all. One method, though, called the Waterman method, is proving to be very difficult to find tutorials to. If any of Y'all know of any websites or youtube videos on how to learn the Waterman method, could you please post a link below?
Thanks and happy cubing!
I might make a new tutorial or pdf or something in a couple weeks. I main waterman and average sub-14 with it.