• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Vote and discuss] Who will beat Maskow's 41/41 first?

Who(except Maskow) will beat 41/41 officially?

• Total voters
WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is going to happen soon. Maskow's WR can be beaten. Maybe before Worlds 2017(Marcin is going there). There are some people who are close to that. The answer is: who will win that race? It is hard to guess that for me, so I need to know what do you think.

People who I think are capable to beat that at the moment(except Marcin):
1. Mark Boyanowski - NAR holder, his PB is 41/42 56:25.
2. Shivam Bansal - AsR holder and WR2(will be, his new result 38/40 is not uploaded to the WCA at the moment), his PB is 41/43.
3. Yucheng Chen - WR3, Former AsR holder.
4. Tom Nelson - He does 42 cube attempts at home, his best is 40/42 in 1:03:03.
Also I added Kaijun to the vote because he is in top-5 and he holds most BLD WRs.

If you vote for someone, please explain why.

U

Underwatercuber

I know all those cubers are capable of beating the 41/41 but it's only a few weeks until Worlds and Maskow confirmed he's going for a new WR at Worlds.. So my guess is that no one will beat Maskow until then and after Worlds it's hopeless once again. :)
Probably going for 50 or something nuts :p

WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know all those cubers are capable of beating the 41/41 but it's only a few weeks until Worlds and Maskow confirmed he's going for a new WR at Worlds.. So my guess is that no one will beat Maskow until then and after Worlds it's hopeless once again. :)
Ok, then make a guess who will get a result that is better than 41/41 54:14, not the WR.

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I voted Shivam; he seems way more consistent than Mark or Tom for example and I don't know much about Yucheng (whereas Kaijun is probably not even trying for now).

I think Marcin will XD Multiple comps in Poland coming up with Multi, so I think Marcin will show up at at leats one. WLS Maj was just yesterday, and he attended.

WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why isn't Maskow on the poll? :p

Also, I think there should definitely be an "other" category just because I want to see if anyone would vote for that.
I wrote "except Maskow", so obviously I mean who will be the first to get better result than 41/41 in 54:14, except Maskow. People should be more attentive.
Also I added "other" category.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd bet actual money on Shivam. Seeing him improve so much and so consistently over the years (not only the amount of cubes but also his accuracy) has been really impressive, and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't keep improving.

WCA
2016DERO04
YouTube
Visit Channel
While Shivam and Mark have the potential to break the 41 points barrier and certainly will podium at Worlds, Maskow is just too far ahead on the game.

His skill set as a competitive mnemomist gives him an unprecedented lead in comparison to other BLDers. While their execution speed and efficiency counter-compensate for time, Marcin's memory chops are his safety net when it comes to executing a massive amount of cubes.

And he's been practicing. It's safe to assume the elusive 41 might even be surpassed by someone else before or during Worlds, but I'm sure it won't last long.

Spuff

It is going to happen soon. Maskow's WR can be beaten. Maybe before Worlds 2017(Marcin is going there). There are some people who are close to that. The answer is: who will win that race? It is hard to guess that for me, so I need to know what do you think.

People who I think are capable to beat that at the moment(except Marcin):
1. Mark Boyanowski - NAR holder, his PB is 41/42 56:25.
2. Shivam Bansal - AsR holder and WR2(will be, his new result 38/40 is not uploaded to the WCA at the moment), his PB is 41/43.
3. Yucheng Chen - WR3, Former AsR holder.
4. Tom Nelson - He does 42 cube attempts at home, his best is 40/42 in 1:03:03.
Also I added Kaijun to the vote because he is in top-5 and he holds most BLD WRs.

If you vote for someone, please explain why.
If you do blindfolded could you please explain to me how to permute them correcly whil orienting them and how to setup the edges ? I really want to learn blind but I am stuck there.