• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Video] How to Lubricate a Rubik's Clock

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
parts 1-3

when i wanted to lube my clock i couldn't find any videos on how to do it, so i decided to film my attempt. my clock works beautifully now. im just putting this here in case someone searches the forums for a guide on how to do this(like i did last week).

thanks to stefan pochmann for the method, and dan cohen for answering my questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm actually rather concerned that this will become a standard for disassembly, as scissors are very fast and much, much safer. A lot of bad cubing advice spreads fast on YouTube. In fact, I've resolved to film an example insertion tomorrow, just to show what I mean. I don't blame you for resorting to the only method with already-uploaded visuals, and I'm sorry this is my only remark in here (I don't have time to watch the rest, but it's hard to do anything really bad to a clock as long as you lube parts assemble it correctly), but I think it's worth mentioning. And I told Dan to do this, and said this in the other thread, so I'm not sure why you did it this way...

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm actually rather concerned that this will become a standard for disassembly, as scissors are very fast and much, much safer. A lot of bad cubing advice spreads fast on YouTube. In fact, I've resolved to film an example insertion tomorrow, just to show what I mean. I don't blame you for resorting to the only method with already-uploaded visuals, and I'm sorry this is my only remark in here (I don't have time to watch the rest, but it's hard to do anything really bad to a clock as long as you lube parts assemble it correctly), but I think it's worth mentioning. And I told Dan to do this, and said this in the other thread, so I'm not sure why you did it this way...

i had already filmed the first part(disassembly) before i created the other thread you are talking about. had i know about your method i certainly would have done it that way. i would redo the disassembly video using your method, but you can only break the glue once. i don't think its that big of a deal anyway, since the only thing that got damaged was my blade, which is still usable.