• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Vidar Open/Berkeley Spring 2011 (04.17.2011)

Vincents

WCA
2006SHEU01
To be clear, the official tournament name is Vidar Open 2011 in honor of the two semester long period during which Vidar has been with us. Person who comes up with the most interesting way to tell him farewell gets a prize. Berkeley Spring is just the function of the tournament (there will be no Berkeley Spring this year).

http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=VidarOpen2011

FOOT SOLVING. The one and ONLY TIME, in the foreseeable future, footsolving will ever be held at Berkeley (and probably in the continental United States, Nationals notwithstanding) in the foreseeable future.

And Tyson spelled my name incorrectly, but whatever. It's correct in 漢語拼音. If you're REALLY REALLY curious, 2006SHEU01.

Register. Now. =)

Vincents

WCA
2006SHEU01
Apologies.

Please reregister, if you have not done so already. I had to create a new table.

Also, Pyraminx has been added.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
it seems .95 is a time that the stackmat does not like to get. Interesting situation here.
I find that interesting, too.

This tournament hasn't happened yet!
Yeah, yeah. I'm not sure anyone really cares about the difference between the Berkeley comps, so I took the first thread and posted in it. My phone wasn't entirely behaving.

IamWEB: No video, I believe. Although Edward Lin probably has his 1.06 on tape. I did pretty badly myself that round.

Vincents

WCA
2006SHEU01
I find that interesting, too.

Yeah, yeah. I'm not sure anyone really cares about the difference between the Berkeley comps, so I took the first thread and posted in it. My phone wasn't entirely behaving.

IamWEB: No video, I believe. Although Edward Lin probably has his 1.06 on tape. I did pretty badly myself that round.

Edward Lin's mom mentioned taking pics, possibly. But nobody records me because I suck =P

Vincents

WCA
2006SHEU01
Coming up on: Registration closing this Sunday at 12:00 AM (so Saturday night/Sunday morning cutoff)

04.16.2011, Saturday, the day before the competition, is actually Cal Day (basically UC Berkeley's open house). If you are at all interested in our lovely school, we highly recommend you come and check it out (and then stay overnight and come to the competition the next day!).

The club will also be tabling on Sproul Plaza on Cal Day; come say hi/hang out if you're around!

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
List of what I'm selling there (if anyone's interested):

-Black ShenShou 4x4 parts: 25 cents each, with the core at $1 (I have the whole cube basically, minus on blue centre. I hate 4x4 anyway.)
-Siamese cube: $6, made with two mini Dianshengs. Great quality, imo. The cubes are practically brand new. Solved maybe three times.
-White Mini Type A parts: 25 cents each, with the core at $1. I'm missing one edge (yellow-orange)
-Sq-1 stickers: $1 per side. Yellow U/D face, red/orange F/B face, green/blue R/L face.
-CT Clock: $8. One loose pin. That's about all. Unlubed.
-White LL Skewb pieces: 50 cents apiece. All pieces (except the core) available for purchase.
-3x3 stickers: YESH! $1 per side.
-White QJ Domino: $5. Great quality, imo.
-Rubik's 4x4 and 5x5 pieces: 25 cents apiece. I have all pieces except one from the 4x4 (a wing), and no more core for the 5x5.
-Rubik's 4x4 ball core: $1.
-Mini QJ 4x4 pieces: 25 cents apiece. Core: $1.
-Rubik's magic tiles: $3 for all eight tiles with inserts.
-Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark: 50 cents apiece. Never disappoints! :D

Interested in:
White Type A-Vf orange centre cap. I'll buy it for 50 cents.

Vincents

WCA
2006SHEU01
Final events list:

- 2x2
- 3x3
- 4x4
- 3x3 OH
- 3x3 BLD
- 3x3 Feet
- Pyraminx
- FMC
- Square-1

And for some reason we have 40% more competitors than usual =P I really hope this goes well.

Also, we'll have cubes for sale. Mainly Mini-C's and Maru's (3 and 4), but we have a couple of Maru 5x5's.

And I'm slightly interested in that siamese, Ranzha. Show me on Sunday.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did you know...

.. Ravi and I did a Gigaminx teamsolve?
... we stayed ahead of schedule.
... one scramble started with a solved 2x2x2 and formed pair? UB2U'FB'L2DFU2'F2R'D'B2UB2R2U'R2B2R2B2? Lars Petrus got a 40 on this. :(
... GuHongs are difficult to repair with feet?
... that we had a lot of Norwegians at the competition, as well as some lovely Vidar Day cake?
... that Ravi and I did team speed BLD in the car?

Last edited by a moderator:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Also, this:

No, not a mystery puzzle. I've never taken OH that seriously and hadn't competed in it in months. I wasn't planning to compete in it this time either, but Vincent somehow talked me into it. I was on my way to an unspectacularly mediocre average, so I borrowed the giant cube for my last solve so I could finish in style. I got so into it by the end that I forgot it was an official solve :p. I think my judge did too, as he forgot to write down my time.

Announcement: Did anyone pick up a cube with unusually bright green stickers? Lars Petrus lost his.

Last edited by a moderator: