• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V-Cubes!

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i played with them a few days and lubed them just yesterday.

the v7 is excellent now. i can turn the slices with the fingers. i'm very happy now. i recommend lubing the v7
for the v6 there is absolutely no difference for me.i liked it in the beginning. it turns good.

don't lube them too much cause i think there will be greater chances to have a pop

TheCuber

My 7x7x7 came today, and i'm not sure when to lube it, I don't want it to POP, lol. Would be a mess to put back together.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I noticed on my 7x7 that an edge piece is split a little bit (an edge piece is made of 2 half's put together). It seems to be together firmly, but you can see the crack in a couple of edges. Anyone else have this on their 7x7's? It hasn't affected the cube at all though.

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I noticed on my 7x7 that an edge piece is split a little bit (an edge piece is made of 2 half's put together). It seems to be together firmly, but you can see the crack in a couple of edges. Anyone else have this on their 7x7's? It hasn't affected the cube at all though.

I have :)
doesn't seem to affect the cube, but looks kinda...hum...I don't know..

TheCuber

Okay, just was making sure it wasn't just me. Worse case scenario is is splits in half and I have to super-glue it back together, so I am not too worried.

Almost every single one of my edge pieces as this split. I don't think it will come apart, and if it does, a little super glue will hold it back together.

TheCuber

Okay, just was making sure it wasn't just me. Worse case scenario is is splits in half and I have to super-glue it back together, so I am not too worried.

Almost every single one of my edge pieces as this split. I don't think it will come apart, and if it does, a little super glue will hold it back together like you said above. Also, a bunch of my center pieces have cracks in them. Looks like this cube was either made that way, or it was because of the horrible shipping.

Last edited:

JonathanChiu

Anyone know if the screw on the v-cube 7 are adjustable. My center caps on red and black keep flying off and I want to super glue them down. I don't want to superglue it before i know I can adjust the screws.

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone know if the screw on the v-cube 7 are adjustable. My center caps on red and black keep flying off and I want to super glue them down. I don't want to superglue it before i know I can adjust the screws.

my green one pops all the time too...

Frank said it's fine to glue them...didn't ask about wheter is adjustable or not :(

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I just found a nice picture of the V-cube 7x7x7

hamburger.jpg

It looks really like a burger if you do a couple of random E-slice turns, I almost took a bite when I found out about it :p

Markus Pirzer

I needed more than an hour, but I think if I would do it a second time (without making photos and without studying the cube) I would get much faster. It isn't very hard to reassemble, but it takes some time only to sort all the pieces.

By the way, I've found a reassembling video for the V-Cube 6 on youtube. RobH0629 describes the whole assembling very detailed:
Part 1: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_zXSA_MBo
Part 2: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9r2vXIJqs&feature=related
Part 3: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=8MTpAQ8bDOI&feature=related

Last edited:

Cerberus

WCA
2007CHRI03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Verdes Costumer Service

I just have to tell you this (but new topic would be somehow senseless maybe):
About a month ago my v6 popped again but it was very extreme, pieces were flying through the complete room, landing 3 meters away from me... So I gone to collect the popped parts, but couldn't find the bigger interlocking piece... I pulled all closets of the wall, wiped the room but still I could find it... I was searching it for some hours in total.. expensive toy..
So last week on sunday/monday I wrote to verdes and asked if they could help me out of my disaster because I were pretty depressed.
And monday afternoon I got this answer:
"Dear friend:

Do you need the piece? If so we can send this to you. Let us know.

Thanks
V-CUBE team"

Of course I replied that I still need it and gave them my adress.
Today I recieved a letter from Verdes Innovations, in which they send me 2 bigger interlocking pieces and also 2 smaller ones!

I've got to say, GREAT Service! So if you got problems or still think about if you should buy v-cubes or not, maybe this helps you. :)