• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V-Cubes!

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but when I checked the status of my order, under " Destination Service Area", it shows the wrong information. I says Elizabeth - USA when its suppose to be going to New York - USA. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Your cube may be storing noxious gases upon arrival, be careful!

On a more serious note, don't worry about it, the courier will just have to go from NJ to NY.

Your basically stealing if you don't return it.

That's silly, especially considering that the cost of shipping is much greater than the price difference between the cubes.

In any case, I think the bad reviews of the 6x6x6 are overly harsh. It's not great to turn, but it's entirely manageable, and I see no reason to condemn it as a collector's item only. I haven't even lubed mine yet and I hear that it gets better afterwards.
Just to add my opinion, or what I'd do in the same situation... I agree with both Leviticus and mrbiggs. He said "basically stealing" not just "stealing", which is a wording distinction that works for me. It's not really wrong to keep it, but I know I wouldn't feel right about it. I would contact them, explain what happened, what you want, and then come to an agreement. It's a matter of honor and decency, not just what is legal - although using legal justification is always helpful. Moreover, it's is unclear that you could just apply one countries laws in this international case.

Factoring shipping costs and stuff, I think it's possible to figure out something that is mutually beneficial to both parties - you are all intelligent people right?

pablobaluba seems to be reaching a bit hard to defend himself on this. Obviously "it's not my fault". Keep repeating that isn't going to make the tiny bit of guilt go away :). Show some respect to V-Cubes. Take a step towards the moral high-ground!

-Doug

bodom

WCA
2008ODOM01
Well, I got my V-6 today, and I will have to chime in and say that it's crap. On many occasions, the whole cube will lock up in one axis, and you have to twist in another direction to release the lock. I hadn't even played with it for a half hour until *crunch* and three center pieces (along with another support piece) popped out. I got the corner-center piece back in, but I still need to put the edge-center pieces in (along with the support piece). I still haven't figured it out.

Last edited:

cpt.Justice

WCA
2009HOVE01
Well, alot of people seem to agree that the cubes (even the V-6) gets awesome after some breaking in, so dont worry. Too bad this agreement was made after I decided to get my new cubes elsewhere, I guess I will wait for the black cubes now :)

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your basically stealing if you don't return it.
pablobaluba seems to be reaching a bit hard to defend himself on this. Obviously "it's not my fault". Keep repeating that isn't going to make the tiny bit of guilt go away :). Show some respect to V-Cubes. Take a step towards the moral high-ground!

-Doug

i respect them a lot. and i will show respect by buying their products.
read again and try to understand what i've posted before, cause i won't continue defending myself. basically i am the one who got stolen..i am the one who payed for something and didn't get. i don't calculate the price of a product in money but in necessity. sincerely, i'm not feeling guilty at all.
i'll try to explain this in another way: let's suppose that you have a friend who is dying, and he needs 100% a medicine A to survive, when you get the package you see that there is some other medicine B which is 100x more expensive than what you wanted, but not for that certain disease of your friend. now who got stolen?

in my situation it's almost the same for me if i get the v6 or v5. i'll still get both. but there might be cases when a more expensive product (in terms of money) might be useless for your needs. out

now about the cubes:

the V6 is great. i really don't understand why people blame on it so much. it didn't popped at all. actually it popped once when i forced it..i was curious to see a bit of the mechanism. but if you know how to turn it it's excellent. maybe you people are too "aggressive" with your cubes. it's really a nice product. i solved it 4 times without having any mechanism problems.

the v7 is hard to turn and stiff. surprisingly for some, i like the v6 better than this one. i think that it will get better after breaking in. still a good product. i haven't lubed any of them yet and i don't think i'll do it anytime soon. the stickers on the v7 could have also been better positioned, they are not perfectly centered.

hope this helps some of you. and once again..the V6 is a great cube!

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
the V6 is great. i really don't understand why people blame on it so much. it didn't popped at all. actually it popped once when i forced it..i was curious to see a bit of the mechanism. but if you know how to turn it it's excellent. maybe you people are too "aggressive" with your cubes. it's really a nice product. i solved it 4 times without having any mechanism problems.

the v7 is hard to turn and stiff. surprisingly for some, i like the v6 better than this one. i think that it will get better after breaking in. still a good product. i haven't lubed any of them yet and i don't think i'll do it anytime soon. the stickers on the v7 could have also been better positioned, they are not perfectly centered.

Obviously, this shows there is some significant variation between individual cubes. For mine, the V7 was very smooth and easy to turn from the very beginning. Both the V6 and the V5 were much stiffer than the V7 to begin with; the V6 most of all. But the V6 is getting less stiff the more I use it.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I received the V-Cubes today, will post pics in the V-cube pic thread in off-topic. All of them feel free good. I've used Clancy's cubes, so I am not worried about how they will become.

All of the boxes were pretty well beat up, one of the center caps of the 7x7 was off when I got the package. The way they were mailed was a little cheap, in my opinion. 4 boxes inside of a bag, for some fragile items like these? Out of the 1000+ transactions I have done online, this was one of the worst packing jobs I've ever seen. If I had paid say $10-$20 for shipping, I would understand, but I paid $51. Overall though, the got the cubes and they work, so I am happy.

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Obviously, this shows there is some significant variation between individual cubes. For mine, the V7 was very smooth and easy to turn from the very beginning. Both the V6 and the V5 were much stiffer than the V7 to begin with; the V6 most of all. But the V6 is getting less stiff the more I use it.

then i guess i'll have to shop again :D

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

then i guess i'll have to shop again :D
If you do, could you
a) order 2 black 5x5x5's for me (more if possible)
b) receive them before the Czech Open
c) bring them with you to the Czech Open
d) receive many thanks (and the money)

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you think there'll be any difference in feel between the black and white 5x5s (or the other sizes for that matter)? I'm considering of getting the black 5x5s (i'd have to change the sticker to white from black any how, and even though it looks cool, my recognition isn't too great on those).

Ton

WCA
2003DENN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you think there'll be any difference in feel between the black and white 5x5s (or the other sizes for that matter)? I'm considering of getting the black 5x5s (i'd have to change the sticker to white from black any how, and even though it looks cool, my recognition isn't too great on those).

Yes there are some differences, the black plastic feels harder and react better on silicone spray.
The white plastic feel smoother as the black, without lubrication the white is smoother

However as speedcube I see no difference after lubricating the black

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you do, could you

unforutnately i can't help you :) but i would have bought those without hesitation. i won't be there, although i wish to get to my first speedcubing event.

now about the cubes: once again...my v6 is excellent. i have nothing to complain about.
but my v7..i think it's getting stiffer and stiffer. i can't believe i've seen people on youtube turning the outer slices with on finger. i have to use my whole hand for the outer slices...so for the inner ones it's a pain. maybe i'll spray it a bit.
oh..and some other negative thing about the white plastic....it's getting dirty :). i mean, the stickers collect dirt around them. i don't know if i'm the only one :D

JonathanChiu

which cubes are easier to solve; odd or even? Is there a consensus on the issue?

I would say imo, odd cubes because with an odd cube, you don't have to worry about getting the color scheme right because odd cubes have a fixed center. I think with even cubes there are more parity cases than odd cubes.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I will receive some more 5x5 black today, I might have one for sale.

That would be great.

which cubes are easier to solve; odd or even? Is there a consensus on the issue?

I would say imo, odd cubes because with an odd cube, you don't have to worry about getting the color scheme right because odd cubes have a fixed center. I think with even cubes there are more parity cases than odd cubes.

I partially agree, but after mastering the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 other sizes just require a little getting used to, but no new techniques are needed.

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel

iw as deciding if i should get the 7x7 or the 6x6. I guess 7x7 is the the better thing to go for then :) Its bigger AND easier in that sense

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
got my cubes today, 6x6 and 7x7

the 7 feels really good :)
the 6 is kinda awkward, turns in 'stages', 4 per turn
and pops a lot...I popped on each of my 3 first solves:(

just like everybody else, I gues...let's see how they turn out after some breaking in...

how long is everybody playing with them before lubing?