• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V-Cubes!

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Umm.... lubing is somewhat necessary. This is how I lube the 6 and 7:

1. Scramble! It makes me want to solve it :p
2. Pop out and inner and outer wing, along with their adjacent centers, leaving an area exposed. Spray and move the face around to try to spread the spray around, spraying at a bunch of spots.
3. Reassemble somewhat quickly, and start turning.
4. DON"T STOP TURNING! If you let them sit while drying, the pieces will fuse, and that won't be fun breaking them apart again.
5. Let sit for a couple of minutes to dry, and solve :)

BTW, I'm just using CRC, as it does its job. Not too worried about the acetone eating some plastic, as it hasn't ruined any other cubes.

alexc

WCA
2008COOK01
Umm.... lubing is somewhat necessary. This is how I lube the 6 and 7:

1. Scramble! It makes me want to solve it :p
2. Pop out and inner and outer wing, along with their adjacent centers, leaving an area exposed. Spray and move the face around to try to spread the spray around, spraying at a bunch of spots.
3. Reassemble somewhat quickly, and start turning.
4. DON"T STOP TURNING! If you let them sit while drying, the pieces will fuse, and that won't be fun breaking them apart again.
5. Let sit for a couple of minutes to dry, and solve :)

BTW, I'm just using CRC, as it does its job. Not too worried about the acetone eating some plastic, as it hasn't ruined any other cubes.

Whew, good, I'm probably going to get a 7x7 sometime after the nationals and I was afraid I would have to take it all apart to lube it, which I don't like to do because I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get it back together correctly.:p

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
Well I got them, I first solved the 5x5x5 then twice the 7x7x7.
I used a little bit of cubelube for the 5x5x5. :)
The 6x6x6 I put it in a pretty patterns and it is standing nice on my desk. :p

Jason Baum

WCA
2005BAUM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To lube the 6x6x6, I wanted to see what the mechanism was like, so I actually took the entire puzzle apart. I grouped the pieces together and sprayed them all, let them dry for about 10 minutes, flipped them, and did the same. Then I reassembled the puzzle, which took forever. It probably wasn't necessary at all, but I wanted to check out the insides of the puzzle :p

Dan, how many times do you think you've solved your 6x6x6 now? I've doen at least 15 solves so far and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Just an update on the cubes I ordered. I am order 740. I haven't received any email from DHL about any shipping. I called DHL today and they said there wasn't any package in the system to me. So I don't think they have shipped my order yet.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am #989 and they have started their journey this afternoon.

See you soon my future friends
Did you get an email, or call? Thanks for the update.
I got an email:

Subject = INTRASHIP PREALERT ADVISORY
Content = DHL EXPRESS
SHIPMENT ADVISORY

Subject:Thank you for purchasing from our V-CUBE e-shop! We hope that you will enjoy our V-CUBE products! Please don't lube the cubes too much!

The following piece has been sent by MR. VERDES from
VERDES INNOVATIONS S.A via DHL Express on 01.07.2008 (AWB# XXXXX).
If you wish to track this shipment please contact your local
DHL Customer Service office or visit the DHL website at
http://www.dhl.gr/

Erik got a simular mail today

YouTube
Visit Channel
I really wouldn't recommend the 6x6x6 as anything more than a collectors item. I've tried to solve it over 10 times now, and it has popped EVERY SINGLE TIME. I haven't even gotten through a full solve yet without it popping. I really hope the other cubes are better...

MWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH im SO GLAD i didnt get one.

not laughing at Jason just REALLY HAPPY i didnt get one lol.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am #989 and they have started their journey this afternoon.

See you soon my future friends
Did you get an email, or call? Thanks for the update.
I got an email:

Subject = INTRASHIP PREALERT ADVISORY
Content = DHL EXPRESS
SHIPMENT ADVISORY

Subject:Thank you for purchasing from our V-CUBE e-shop! We hope that you will enjoy our V-CUBE products! Please don't lube the cubes too much!

The following piece has been sent by MR. VERDES from
VERDES INNOVATIONS S.A via DHL Express on 01.07.2008 (AWB# XXXXX).
If you wish to track this shipment please contact your local
DHL Customer Service office or visit the DHL website at
http://www.dhl.gr/

Erik got a simular mail today

sorry for double post but i was order #704 and i didnt get ANY email at ALL yet. im kinda scared here something went wrong :(

deadalnix

WCA
2008SECH01
The 666 as a bad mecanisme to get the structure in a good position. instead of having an asymetric strcture (as rubik or eastsheen) V-cus as a perfectly symetric structure and some clips.

Sometimes, the structure misalgin with the reste of the cube, so you need to find the direction the cube can turn and play with the rotation until the structure is correctly positionned again.

The clip sensasion is very awful !

The 5x5x5 is realy good (beter than rubik or eastsheen I think).

YouTube
Visit Channel
okay guys im really worried here. arnaud got his email and he is in the 900's a friend of mine got his email and his order is in the 1000's. and i am #704 and i havent recieved ANYTHING at all, am i screwed? someone give me some hope plz.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Derrick, no one can say for sure, so all I can do is give you hope, but if you notice there were several people earlier on this thread who received their cubes without ever getting an email. They might have some glitches with sending out emails, or perhaps they're getting caught by a spam filter somewhere. But there certainly is a good chance that your cubes are already on their way to you.

Swoncen

Order 1085 here and it is near my house.. the only thing is.. I'm at work.. *AAAAAAAAAAH*