• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

US Nationals 2012: What do YOU want to see?

flee135

WCA
2008LEEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Every day of the US Nationals competition will run to about 6:00 PM. What this means is that we will have available rooms in order to do whatever we like after 6:00. So starting from approximately 8:00 PM every night of the competition, we will be running all sorts of events and activities. This can include any of the following and more:

• Seminars - Have you ever wondered how a specific cuber practices, or whether they have any tricks that they would like to share? Or maybe you want to hear from competition organizers and delegates about how to organize a competition.
  • Unofficial event - Do you always practice team blindfolded, but never have the chance to show it off? How about speed BLD or 2x2 BLD? We can organize competitions solely with unofficial events.
  • Demonstrations - If you'd like to see a demonstration, such as macky juggling while solving cubes, we can have that arranged.

We need help from you to figure out exactly what you want, and what ideas are the most popular. The more specific, the better. If you want to hear a seminar about how you can organize your own competition, great! Let us know, but also try to tell us any specific organizers or delegates that you would want to hear from. If you want an unofficial competition, please give us specific events.

Lastly, please be reasonable! We will be considering each of your ideas, and we don't need to take time skipping over requests for "7x7 blindfolded with one foot" competitions.

Listed below are ideas that have popped up. Please let us know which ones interest you so that we can get an idea of which ones we definitely want to do and which ones we may have to toss out.

Seminars:
How to get sub-x (Rowe Hessler, Dan Cohen, Anthony Brooks, Breandan Vallance, Ravi Fernando, Phillip Espinoza, Andrew Ricci)
How to OH (Jeremy Fleischman, Rowe Hessler)
BLD tricks (Mike Hughey)
Alternate algs
F2L tricks
How to organize competition

Unofficial events:
Square-1 BLD
Skewb
Speed BLD
2x2 BLD
OH while doing ____ (boxing, arm wrestling, nerf swordfighting)
Head-to-head (68 person elimination? with brackets and all?)
Team BLD (piggyback, nonverbal)
Relays
Ping Pong!

Demonstrations:
Multitasking (juggling, flips, etc while cubing)
Cubing stand-up comedy (PM me if you can do this)
BLD

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd love unofficial events:
1. Square-1 BLD? Please? (If Takao comes, hopefully I wouldn't be the only competitor.)
2. Skewb would probably be really popular.
3. Speed BLD would be fun, even though I'm bad at it.
4. Pretty please on the square-1 BLD? (Best of 3 would be nice.)

IMSLOW1097

WCA
2009ABRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How about seminars by people like Rowe, Dan Cohen, Anthony Brooks, Breandan (if we would have the privilege that he come again), Ravi, Philip Espinoza about how to get sub-30/20/15/12/etc on 3x3 (any maybe even how to get faster on OH by Jeremy Fleischman/Rowe/etc, or 4x4 by people like John Brechon, Dan Cohen, etc.) and have us split up to go listen to the seminars based on our averages? i would love that!

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
Maybe a weird idea, but I'd love to see some cubing related (stand-up) comedy. I've been trying to write something myself but haven't really come up with something good. So, maybe an idea for other more talented comedians among us?

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i dont even know if im gonna go. i just started cubing and my mom said she'd take me for my birthday, but how much does it cost to get in/watch? but relating to the thread topic, if i was going i'd wanna see tips on how to get sub 30/20/12/12 like the guy above me said. but also i'd like to see some sort of seminar on alternate algs different people use that are easier to perform/execute. that'd be cool. cause i seem to find one of the reason i am still averaging sub40 and cant improve is the time it takes me to do a simple alg. that'd be really cool.

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like to see live video of the events/activities, someone juggling 3+ crazy foot 3x3s, see how many cubes you can solve at the same time, and seminars on how to organize/run a competition.