• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Updates.

Hadley4000

WCA
2008SHEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I posted about a month ago, as soon as we found out, that my brother was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I thought I would give a few updates on the situation.

He had a biopsy, and it is a grade 2 Glioma. That means that it is cancerous, but benign.

He has had 4 MRIs. They cannot do surgery on it, because of the large size, shape and placement of the tumor.

Sometime within the next month or two, he will be starting chemo. After about a year of 5 on 3 off (5 days of chemo, then 3 weeks off), he will start radiation therapy. They won't know how long they will have to do that for until they see how it reacts to chemo.

The road ahead will be rough. Though the kind of chemo he will be getting (Oral pills) has fewer side effects(He will get to keep his hair), it will still make him pretty sick. Afterall, chemo IS poison.

This has been hard on our entire family. Now, I was hoping there is something y'all could do. Please, keep him in your prayers. If you aren't religious, just keep him in your thoughts. I'm a believer in positive thinking. So if you can just keep him on your mind, I would really appriciate it.

Another thing. If you could possibly put your name, I am making a big list of all of the people who have wished Ian(My brother) well. Almost all of the people he doesn't know. But, I want him to see just how many people have had him in their thoughts.

PS. If you are on FaceBook, you can join this group to add your thoughts, view a timeline of everything, and get frequent updates.
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10782559970&ref=ts

hawkmp4

Tell him I wish him the best, and I will be thinking about him until he gets through this ordeal. Best of luck to you and your family, I know this is hard but I believe that you can do it :)
(My name is Michael Palone, by the way)

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
well i am glad to hear that it is benign, but upset to hear that is in inoperable. i certainly hope the chemo is effective and that it does not weaken him significantly. name= David Woner, and i guess if you're going to be reading the names to him then i should tell you that woner is pronounced like "Whoa!" then just "ner". im not sure if thats called a long or short vowel, but thats how its pronounced.

Last edited: