• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ultimatecuber0814's Cubing Progression thread l CFOP Method l Goal to get sub20

When do you think I can reach sub 30 with cfop?

• One year

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 3 months

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • 2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 month

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A few weeks

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 7 months

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
Day 1:
Not so much luck. I practiced 3x3 and 2x2 today. I'm kind of sub 10 at 2x2. Should I learn the ortega method? Got a few sub 40s for 3x3. Average of the day for 3x3 is 42.39 with cfop. Not bad though. Kept on getting lockups :(. Bonus: Today I made a cube cover box! Going to take a pic and post it in my status soon.

Last edited:

Flowkap

It's not that hard as the CMLL is a simplified set of algorithms you should already know from 2-Look OLL. There's very few simple algs for permitting the sides then. I learnt it in 2 days without much time to Boosted my times enormous, especially as you do not need to build a layer first. Also bei color neutral on orthega! It's really easy there. (I'm unfortunately not color neutral in cfop nor Roux but on 2x2 it came naturally)

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's not that hard as the CMLL is a simplified set of algorithms you should already know from 2-Look OLL. There's very few simple algs for permitting the sides then. I learnt it in 2 days without much time to Boosted my times enormous, especially as you do not need to build a layer first. Also bei color neutral on orthega! It's really easy there. (I'm unfortunately not color neutral in cfop nor Roux but on 2x2 it came naturally)
I sorta use cfop on 2x2 except f2l but I use oll and pll.

DAY 2

Spent a lot of time practicing 3x3. Life is tough man. Couldn't get sub 30 as expected. No lucky scrambles from csTimer. I did the 2x2 weekly comp yesterday night and it was SOOO bad. I got so many lockups. Did practice 2x2 and pyraminx a little. I AM starting to get better at cfop. Many sub 40's today. But best average of 5 was 44.58. That's decent, I couldn't do sub 40's 5 in a row. Any cfop users here? Give me some tips please.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
DAY 2

Spent a lot of time practicing 3x3. Life is tough man. Couldn't get sub 30 as expected. No lucky scrambles from csTimer. I did the 2x2 weekly comp yesterday night and it was SOOO bad. I got so many lockups. Did practice 2x2 and pyraminx a little. I AM starting to get better at cfop. Many sub 40's today. But best average of 5 was 44.58. That's decent, I couldn't do sub 40's 5 in a row. Any cfop users here? Give me some tips please.
it happens to everyone. Don't give up :D
I used to be a CFOP user and my biggest tip for someone your average is to do loads of solves and get used to F2L(and of course plan all of your cross in inspection)

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you know intuitive F2L?
A Bit... I still need like half a sec to identify the alg. Most of the time I don't.

DAY 3

Did the weekly comp for 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 and 2-3-5 relay. Got a new 5x5 single, 4x4 average and 3x3 "speedsolving" single. YES! So proud of myself. :) As for the 2-3-5 relay, nothing special... Tomorrow I will do the pyraminx and 2-3-4 relay if I have the time. Will update it here. Check out my 3x3 weekly comp results in the picture below.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    334.3 KB · Views: 10

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
you should get sub 30 no problem in 3 months easily if you know cfop. Ofc it varies person to person, but if you're commited to cubing, or you've learned cfop or another advanced method, 3 months is probably the ,aximum amount of time it takes

YouTube
Visit Channel
DAY 4

I did the weekly comp for pyraminx today. As you guys know, I'm REALLY bad at it. At the 2nd last place. 😭 I don't really care about it anyway. Check out my results below. And read my comment on it. It's pretty terrible. Otherwise, I only done pyraminx today, didn't do any other events, don't have the time, maybe tomorrow, not sure. I participated in the Cubelelo Online speedcubing comp even though I'm not an indian, LOL. Think it will be pretty fun.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    345.1 KB · Views: 7

GooseCuber

I'm 15, started cubing about five months back and I average 26 on 3*3 so you shouldn't find getting sub-30 hard.
Also about a week back my pyraminx times were also bad but after some serious practice for a upcoming competition I've already brought it down from 24 to a 12 second average.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm 15, started cubing about five months back and I average 26 on 3*3 so you shouldn't find getting sub-30 hard.
Also about a week back my pyraminx times were also bad but after some serious practice for a upcoming competition I've already brought it down from 24 to a 12 second average.
Wow that's amazing! I will definitely try to decrease my pyraminx times. I'm also pretty sure that I can achieve sub 30 with more practice!

DAY 5

I did the weekly comp for 2-3-4 relay today, and~ GOT A PB! Super happy. Make sure you check out my results and comments below! And I practiced 3x3 lots, best average of 5 was 40. Still pretty good. I'm probably going to organize my second cube comp in late November. Tell me what events you guys want. Also going to order my Christmas present which is a cube next week so it can arrive on Christmas.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    311.9 KB · Views: 6
YouTube
Visit Channel
DAY 6

Aiyo... Today was normal- I mean it. Did a few solves and there you go. Not too shabby, as always. I have less to say today, huh? And... was kinda sad that I did not win The Cubicle voucher. Hopefully next time.

YouTube
Visit Channel
DAY 7

OMG, OMG! I finally broke my 2x2 single PB after like months. In the weekly comp. Thanks so much to speedsolving for providing this epic scramble! This scramble [ R U' R2 U' R U2 R' U F' U' F ] broke my 2x2 PB! YES YES YES! My previous 2x2 single PB was a counting 7 and now it's a counting 4! Ahh... Just feels so good.

You get used to it.
Yes... I sure will...

CubeRed

DAY 7

OMG, OMG! I finally broke my 2x2 single PB after like months. In the weekly comp. Thanks so much to speedsolving for providing this epic scramble! This scramble [ R U' R2 U' R U2 R' U F' U' F ] broke my 2x2 PB! YES YES YES! My previous 2x2 single PB was a counting 7 and now it's a counting 4! Ahh... Just feels so good.

Yes... I sure will...
Woah, nice margin of improvement!