• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2011

scotzbhoy

WCA
2009COGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sure. If we are in the same group it will have to be my black, well broken in v5. If you are in a different group then you will also have the choice of my black ShenSshou 5x5. I'll only be doing 2 solves anyway. No way I am making the average cut in 5x5.
That would be fantastic, thanks :)
I'd prefer the V5 anyway, Guildford showed that ShenShous and I are not a good mix :/

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am quite the silly sausage, I had it in my head that the competition was on bonfire night and was planning all sorts of fun things for us to do in the evening. As I have now discovered the errors of my ways I am back to square-1.

Very much looking forward to going to a competition on my doorstep that I haven't really had any involvement in organising at all - the ultimate luxury! Thank you D-Shepz and Seventowns <3<3 Can't wait to see everybody again, it's been ages and I miss your beautiful faces. I'll never leave the country for an extended period again.
You might get to see my beautiful face again. Contrary to you I don't mind leaving my country. I have already had a visit to Germany before I even went home. I will know more details next tuesday when I have been to my work and received my new car. I will also check with others in Eindhoven this weekend to see who is coming

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that I might want to go to this competition but as usual it's difficult for me to make up my mind a long time in advance. How long is the registration open?

You might get to see my beautiful face again. Contrary to you I don't mind leaving my country. I have already had a visit to Germany before I even went home. I will know more details next tuesday when I have been to my work and received my new car. I will also check with others in Eindhoven this weekend to see who is coming
Really sorry, but registration is closed :( I've already turned down other people (and let in more people than has been recommended to me by Seventowns), so I hope you understand. Our loss as well that you guys can't come.

Well... I'd probably have to do it in 3x3 first round then, because I'm guessing it will probably take me around an hour.

Edit: What is the time limit for 4bld?
I haven't published a time limit, but seriously...an hour?! Can't you just practise a bit or something :p
I think it's kind of harsh for someone to judge a 4bld attempt for that long tbh

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really sorry, but registration is closed :( I've already turned down other people (and let in more people than has been recommended to me by Seventowns), so I hope you understand. Our loss as well that you guys can't come.

I haven't published a time limit, but seriously...an hour?! Can't you just practise a bit or something :p
I think it's kind of harsh for someone to judge a 4bld attempt for that long tbh

Umm... ok? lol. I've not even done a full attempt yet :3

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I registered for the waitinglist and will ask a few days before the competition. Normally several people will cancel (nicely) and others won't show up (boooooooh) on the day of the competition. I might just come to the competition even if I can't compete to meet some friends and help to make it a success.

If anyone has registered for this comp and is not coming, make sure you cancel your registration and allow others to come!

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I registered for the waitinglist and will ask a few days before the competition. Normally several people will cancel (nicely) and others won't show up (boooooooh) on the day of the competition. I might just come to the competition even if I can't compete to meet some friends and help to make it a success.

If anyone has registered for this comp and is not coming, make sure you cancel your registration and allow others to come!

The last I heard Erik isn't coming, but I think he's still registered... :)

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nobody knows yet as organisation of it hasn't started yet. I guess it's whenever myself or Charlie have time to do it, unless anyone else suddenly steps in

I'll mull this over and see if I can get something together for next year but I'm suffering from that real life problem that always seems to get in the way of cubing :( SO ANNOYING.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh no... My parents just told me we have to leave on sunday after lunch :( Will this be okay?
I probably won't get into 4x4 and 2x2 final with 1:30 and 6 average will I?

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh no... My parents just told me we have to leave on sunday after lunch :( Will this be okay?
I probably won't get into 4x4 and 2x2 final with 1:30 and 6 average will I?

I'm sorry but as the Eagles said 'You can check out any time you like but you can never leave'.

Seriously, go any time you want. I would be very surprised if you made the finals with those times