• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Heh, I can bring alcohol too =D Seriously, considering I actually live fairly nearby, I can bring some random foodstuffs considering how you're putting people up for the night and are organising a competition :)

Yay people are 18 now, this makes things easier. That would be brilliant. I'll make sure I'm well stocked on bread/cereal/milk/tea/coffee/soft drinks/bananas/crisps/cookies but any further additions would be welcomed. I know I should just offer to cook at mine to make things easier for everyone but I seriously cannot be bothered :p Also, not sure I have enough plates. Feel free to stay Friday/Sunday night if you want to hang out with people, I really don't mind.

jiggy

I'm still unsure whether or not I'll be attending this comp, I think if I do it will be more to meet the people as I'd really like to be faster for my first competition.

When do you guys think the latest I could get a bed at the YHA would be? When is the cut-off for registration? Also, I assume people are turning up on Friday, as opposed to crazy crazy early on Saturday?

Cheers! =)

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
I'm still unsure whether or not I'll be attending this comp, I think if I do it will be more to meet the people as I'd really like to be faster for my first competition.

When do you guys think the latest I could get a bed at the YHA would be? When is the cut-off for registration? Also, I assume people are turning up on Friday, as opposed to crazy crazy early on Saturday?

Cheers! =)
i contacted YHA yesterday and they said the vacancy is so limited that it might be booked up very soon. i booked Friday&Saturday nights, like most people.
the cut off should be a week before the comp if my memo is not failing me again:p

flan

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES03
i contacted YHA yesterday and they said the vacancy is so limited that it might be booked up very soon. i booked Friday&Saturday nights, like most people.
the cut off should be a week before the comp if my memo is not failing me again:p

Yeesh I had better book!

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A few questions answered:

Registration for the competition will close one week before the event but it's quite likely that we will be full capacity wise by then. We still have quite a lot of room, but for timing/organisational purposes we have to be careful about how many people we can have at the competition (this includes guests as they also take up space!). The rate at which I've been getting registrations of new competitors is steady and there are lots of query emails about people that intend to register. Leon is still cubing, I have him on facebook if you want to find him to add him, he wanted to go to UK Masters so maybe he'll go to this instead. If people can only get to the venue for 10/11am on the Saturday, it's possible that I can put a side event at the beginning of the day, but 3x3x3 will have to start no later than 10am to fit three rounds in. The hostel seems to fill up very quickly, so I would step on it. There are other medium priced hotels that wouldn't be too bad if you were to share with another cuber or two, so if it turns out that the YHA fills up I will post some details of other places that won't be as close.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There was talk about there maybe being a t-shirt but nothing is set in stone - I'll chase it up. (Andrew, you'll get one at Euro anyway I imagine). People are always very split on t-shirts, either they love them and want as many as possible that have cube related stuff on, or they think they are terrible and wear them as PJs at a maximum. I quite like to have them as momentos (albeit moments I wear in the house).

Status
Not open for further replies.