• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotzbhoy

WCA
2009COGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mucklow should be booking accomodation tonight. If we can't get a booking at YHA, then it'll probably be the streets for us- that'll certainly be better than the 007!

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Labour ward?

Reasonable, I'll give you that.

Which events are on each day?

Not even slightly decided yet and we won't know for a while but 3x3x3 will definitely all be on Saturday for reasons utterly beyond my control. If you can only come on one day I can try to make sure an important event for you is on that same day as long as it doesn't completely destroy the time schedule! Mention it in your registration and I will do my best.

Robbytrooper

WCA
2010ROUL01
I know how people like to go crazy if their registrations don't go through the second they submit them... but I've just updated it with that initial flurry, and I probably won't update until late tonight JUST SO YOU KNOW. Also, Robby gets a lot of points, he emailed me from a boat. Beat that guys.

I emailed from a warship! bobbing around in the North Atlantic!!!

leeho

WCA
2010HOAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Everything you need to know is in the regulations http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/ but basically, when your group in the 3x3x3 event comes up you'll be asked to hand in your cube to the scramblers and you will need to go and wait in the competitor's area (out of sight of the scramblers!). When your cube has been scrambled a judge (usually just another cuber from another group) will bring your cube (hidden), call your name (if necessary), and you will take your place at one of the competition timers. You can let the judge know if you're unfamiliar with the StackMat timer and they'll tell you what you need to know. When you are ready (the judge will ask you) the judge will reveal the cube and you will be given 15 seconds to examine the cube (without making any solving moves of course). You will have to start the timer and start solving within those 15 seconds and so the judge will give you warnings of when 8 seconds and 12 seconds have elapsed. You solve the cube (hopefully!) and then stop the timer. Your time will be recorded by the judge and you may have to sign the scorecard if there's a penalty. This will all be explained to you as long as you let someone know you haven't done this before. You will enjoy it (that's not a requirement, it's a prediction!)

Thank you so much! ^^ Thats exactly what I was looking for =P. Do you know how long the event usually lasts? Sorry for all the questions >_< It's just that I need to see if I can get a return journey home. =X

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you so much! ^^ Thats exactly what I was looking for =P. Do you know how long the event usually lasts? Sorry for all the questions >_< It's just that I need to see if I can get a return journey home. =X

The event is scheduled to run from 9-5:30 ish although this may change and we could slightly overrun. I'd recommend leaving plenty of time. We also usually have some kind of unofficial gathering afterwards so if you'd like to be part of that make sure you have suitable travel plans :)

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
The event is scheduled to run from 9-5:30 ish although this may change and we could slightly overrun. I'd recommend leaving plenty of time. We also usually have some kind of unofficial gathering afterwards so if you'd like to be part of that make sure you have suitable travel plans :)

i wish that we can make a bit late on Saturday so we may finish earlier on Sunday. in Bristol Spring quite a few people had to left before the closing ceremony:(
ps: my return flight will be at 18:40. does anybody know how much time it may take from the venue to the airport?

Edit: just checked. it should take about 20 min walk from the venue to the Bristol Bus station or Temple Meads station. there will be a "Bristol Flyer Airport Express Link" bus running every 20 min departing from Bus station and take about 40 min to the airport.

Edit 2: WTF Ryanair requires to pay a handling fee of 5 euro for each trip now (wasn't needed if booked a return flight in the past)

Last edited:

leeho

WCA
2010HOAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel

Oh wow. Thats cool. =P I can only find a train that arrives in Bristol at 9:38am TT_TT I can't find any coaches that will arrive before 9. =[ Are there any other methods of transport? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.