• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMoney

WCA
2009SULE01
Some info on how to get there cheapest :D How far is the venue from the airport? Any closeby hotels? How long does the competition last on sunday?

Kk hugs!! Joeeey I am comming to beat you in BLD or totally fail :)

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You will be able to fit 3 people at least.

Last year I got Thom, Rowan and Charlie into my TINY room. You can do it too :D

@charlie: Animals!! :D

Hm MrMoney: maybe I will practise BLD before this comp ;)

Last edited:

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some info on how to get there cheapest :D How far is the venue from the airport? Any closeby hotels? How long does the competition last on sunday?

Kk hugs!! Joeeey I am comming to beat you in BLD or totally fail :)

Flying is a good idea. From the airport you can take a bus to the train station which costs £6 approximately (seems to change every time Joey and I use it) and takes 30 mins. The venue is about 15 minutes walk from there or you can get a 8/9 bus. There will be hotel information next week but there is a hostel that is about £15 a night (maybe less if you book in advance) and is quite close, or various more expensive hotel options.

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
All official events will be held with the exception of multi, feet and big BLD. We aren't sure about FMC yet
You're clearly trying to keep me away, but don't worry I'll still turn up for clock :p. But seriously, it's awesome to have more events than last year and it's nearer for me :) Looking forward to it :)

Team BLD pls.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You will be able to fit 3 people at least.

Last year I got Thom, Rowan and Charlie into my TINY room. You can do it too :D

@charlie: Animals!! :D

We did squeeze in just fine, and the rooms at UWE are bigger than yours I think.

I prefer cowboys, but I'll have animals just for you.

All official events will be held with the exception of multi, feet and big BLD. We aren't sure about FMC yet
You're clearly trying to keep me away, but don't worry I'll still turn up for clock :p. But seriously, it's awesome to have more events than last year and it's nearer for me :) Looking forward to it :)

FMC may change, not sure yet! Interesting BLD is remaining off the menu though, sorry!

Olivér Perge

WCA
2007PERG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
New UK competition: awesomeness!

I might come, but not sure, since I just got a new job and I have to make my work time fit with the possible flights.

By the way, I just love how these threads turn into a chat really quickly! :)

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I AM COMING!!! My dad agreed after some convincing and now I want to ask some noob questions

1. How do I register, Its my first competition

2.Should I bring all my cubing stuff?

PS. any suggestions for a newcomer like me would be appreciated

MrMoney

WCA
2009SULE01
Zyrb: Registering will be possible sometime next week. Keep yourself updated at the WCA site. Registering is quite easy, just click on the competition and REGISTER ^^

Bring ALL your c0bes, there is always a possibility to sell/trade/buy c0bes if someone else also wants that.

I need V-cube 5-6-7 ^^ <3

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I AM COMING!!! My dad agreed after some convincing and now I want to ask some noob questions

1. How do I register, Its my first competition

2.Should I bring all my cubing stuff?

PS. any suggestions for a newcomer like me would be appreciated

I will post in here when the registration is open. It should be whenever Ron gets a moment to update the WCA site and there is a big button that says register. He is busy with the German Nationals competition at the moment though, so it may not happen until after this weekend. Bring all of your stuff and compete in as much as you can, that way you get a lot more out of the experience. Everyone is really friendly and we are so used to newcomers don't worry about doing 'noobish' because it happens all the time :p

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Zyrb: Registering will be possible sometime next week. Keep yourself updated at the WCA site. Registering is quite easy, just click on the competition and REGISTER ^^

Bring ALL your c0bes, there is always a possibility to sell/trade/buy c0bes if someone else also wants that.

I need V-cube 5-6-7 ^^ <3
I dont have any V cubes yet, but thanks for the advice

Edit: and thank you charlie =)

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OH also, Joey do you still have your destroyed 7x7? I have a broken piece in mine (Kris did it while I was away... while I admire his 7x7 habits, I wish he'd be more delicate...) and need a replacement :(

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Ace!

If there's time for FMC, that'd also be ace! :)

Any closeby hotels?

Last time I was down in Bristol I stayed in the youth hostel .. and it's almost a stone's throw away from the venue -
[URL="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&q=from:Bristol+YHA+Hostel+to:Bristol+at+Armada+House]see map[/URL]. Great hostel as well, nice rooms, good breakfast and a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.