• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Ludlow

Premium Member
WCA
2009LUDL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Master magic - Borrow James' (PWEASE?) and beat my official PB if possible.

I don't have the foggiest how to restring it. The master magic has one string all over the place, and my magic has a broken string. I have no spare strings. Yes I can still sub-2 magic but I just want to improve my 5.30 single for now :p

Charlie - you can of course. Its feels different since I restrung it. I think I was running three strings at the bisuness end, but can't remember. Its still good though.

Daniel - You can join the queue to use mine if you like. I can restring your's for you if you like, but I can't guarantee it will be before you compete.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My goals:
Get an 8.91 lucky solve (it's a nice number, and it's fun to join the club :))
Not suck at 3x3
Not DNF at BLD
Awesome at 4x4 if the Dayan turns out good
Sub 1:50 avg 5x5 lol (I'M PRACTISING)
Speak some cantonese to Rob Yau

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goals:
Beat many of my OPBs
444 avg NR, sub 40 single (for goodness sake, just let me have a good solve WITHOUT parity for once!)
Win team bld with Mr Barlow (somehow...)
Speak some cantonglish to Amos Tay
Touch Breandan's hair for luck?...

There are probably a few more I can't remember for now...

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Team BLD should be able to happen still, I'm just reluctant to put it on the schedule in the case that I haven't estimated enough time for the other official, and therefore more important, events. Head to head is definitely going ahead though.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's the day's schedule?

Like, after the comp, what is happening?

Going back to YHA or what?

My goals;
2x2 - Sub-5 single, sub-7 average.
3x3 - Sub-20 single, Sub-25 average.
4x4 - Sub-1:40 single, Sub-1:50 average
5x5 - Sub-2:20 single, Sub-2:30 average.

Charlie, could you put my name down for Head2Head please? :D

Yes, I can, but please email such things to [email protected] because otherwise I forget. Very hard to keep track of everybody's requests on here/PMs/FB etc.

The plan after Saturday will be to clear up lots (you are all lovely helpful people ;)), go to our respective lodgings I imagine then reconvene for dinner at a restaurant I have yet to book for everybody. Trying to think of something with good light. After that I guess we'll go to a pub... or... THE CIDER BOAT. I can hear you all excited.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah the boat does get cold and it's already freezing here. Come prepared with 'would you rather?' questions. A true hit last year (see hysterical laughter in the photo below, thanks Michael):

24373_1377229640906_1536819008_945738_5533908_n.jpg

"You COULD just go ankle deep..."

flan

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES03
Wow CubeDepot is awesome. The Dayan 4x4s are here!
It's extremely bad out of the box though..so hard to turn. I take like 0.5s to do a U2 >.<

Mine was like that. Maru lube and shock oil helped greatly. I wrote a short review thingy on the random speedcubing discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.