• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

U2 method for corners and edges

Alejandro

WCA
2008CASI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
One of the most frequently asked questions to learn blindfold is, what method to learn? and what method will allow me to continue to extend what has been learned?,
In my humble opinion this is one method that can help a lot.

The basic idea is to solve the tarjets one by one with preterminated algorithms, for the corners are 21 algorithms which predominates U2 movement, and edges are 22
algorithms which also dominates the movement U2, these algorithms are not designed for FMC but they are designed for speed, not explain is required because the method
is relatively simple, anyone familiar with the method R2 or M2 can understand just by seeing the algorithms, the only detail is that when the corners in even
positions are tarjets UFL, LFU, FUL, UBR, RBU, BUR, UFL changes to UBR and vice versa, RBU changes to LFU and vice versa, and BUR changes to FUL and vice versa.
In edges when even positions are tarjets UR, UR, UL, LU, UR changes to UL and vice versa, LU changes to RU and vice versa.

One of the things that are "difficult" in blindfold is parity, but with this method you can easily leave parity as UFR-UBL UF-UB and solve
with Nperm while you can continue to learn more parities.

A second level for this method would be to learn the commutators of the upper face, for example Aperm, Uperm, RUR'U'M'URU'r', U'L'URU'LUR' etc, and
applying whenever possible, a third level would be to learn commutators involving two tarjets of the upper face and one of the bottom face,
for example R'DRUR'D'RU', fourth level would be to learn the remaining commutators, for example RUR'DRU'R'D', and finally a fifth level would use only
commutators for the whole cube.

Hope you like, and any questions or comments please let me know. I promise a video for this proximately.

PD. sorry for my english

Buffer UFR

UFL U'2l'UR'D2RU'R'D2R2x' b
LFU FR'D'RU2R'DRU2F'U2 i
FLU xR'2D2RU2R'D2RU2lU2 p

URB xR'2D2RUR'D2RU'lU2 c
RUB U2FU2R'D'RU2R'DRF' j
BRU U'2l'U2R'D2RU2R'D2R2x' q

UBL U2 d
LUB R'DRD'R'DRU2R'D'RDR'D'R k
BUL R'D'RDR'D'RU2R'DRD'R'DR r

DRF U'2L'U'R2U'LUR2U'L'U2L e
RFD U2R'D'RU2R'DRU2 l
FDR L'D'2LU'2L'D'2L s

DFL U'2LD'L'U'2L'DLU'2L'D'L2DL' f
LFD U2R'DRU2R'D'RU2 m
FDL D'L'D'LU'2L'DLD t

DRB U2RD'R'2DRU2R'D'RU2RDR' g
RBD L'DLU'2L'D'L n
BRD DL'D'LU'2L'DLD' u

DBL U'2R'U'2RUL'2U'R'UL'2UR h
LDB L'D'LU'2L'DL o
BDL U2R'D2RU2R'D2RU2 v

Buffer UF

UR R'2U'R'U'R2URURU2RU2 b
RU UMU'M'U2MU'M'U n

UL L2ULUL'2U'L'U'L'U'2L'U'2 c
LU U'MUM'U2MUM'U' o

UB U2 d
BU MUMUMU2M'UM'UM' p

FR R'U'R'U'R2URUR e
RF U'LuU'L'U2Lu'UL'U q

FL LULUL'2U'L'U'L' f
LF UR'u'URU'2R'uU'RU' r

BR U2RURUR2U'R'U'R'U2 g
RB U'L'u'ULU'2L'uU'LU s

BL U'2L'U'L'U'L'2ULULU'2 h
LB URuU'R'U2Ru'UR'U' t

DF M'U2M i
FD UMUMU2M'UM'U u

DR D'M'U2MD j
RD M'DMU2M'D'M v

DL DM'U2MD' k
LD M'D'MU2M'DM w

DB U2MU2M'U2 l
BD UM'U'M'U2MU'MU x

Last edited:

wontolla

WCA
2011GRAJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alejandro, don't get discouraged by the lack of responses. In this fourm, there is a theory stating that the best and most useful posts, tend to get very few responses.

Please keep sharing your ideas. It is always interesting to know how a former WR mind works.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a very cool method! It seems like it would be good for beginners, but I think that someone without a lot of experience would have trouble understanding this writeup. I'm guessing the video will clear things up.

P.S. Do you still practice a lot?

P.P.S. Can I have your NARs?

Alejandro, don't get discouraged by the lack of responses. In this fourm, there is a theory stating that the best and most useful posts, tend to get very few responses.

I haven't noticed that.