• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Type (B) & Mefferts 3x3 DIY

mongoos80

Two cubes you never see in a subject line.

I bought the Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, - Type (B) from 9spuzzles

I also bought a Mefferts DIY 3x3

I'm breaking in the black Type B at the moment and will follow up with an opinion later - not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Like a rubik's DIY with harder plastic -- retro

daniel0731ex

it's a basically a famwealth cube. it has plastic tenons holding the cube together instead of screw and springs. it sucks, and gets even worse over time.

Mastersonian

YouTube
Visit Channel
oh no not famwealth. I have one of these, and its the only 3x3 I've seen that has alignment issues even when its like millimeters off. If i hadn't received a bunch of ES cubes with it I would've been peeved.

I hope you don't mean millimeters... 3 millimeters is a big misalignment for a cube.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
oh no not famwealth. I have one of these, and its the only 3x3 I've seen that has alignment issues even when its like millimeters off. If i hadn't received a bunch of ES cubes with it I would've been peeved.

lol thats exactly what i got.

I find that famwealth cubies+type A core is a pretty good cube.

Zubon

I have a cube a lot like that Meffert's one. I got it at a second hand toy store in Tokyo. Each cubie face has a cartoon character face and it came with a key to pop a center cap off and you push on the core to disassemble it.
No springs and a transparent core. Turns really FAST but can't cut corners at all.

miniGOINGS

Is there a picture of the mech? I would really like to see that, I want to make a paper Rubik's Cube...