• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Two-Phase Algorithm in Mathematica

I implemented the Two-Phase-Algorithm in the simplest form in a Mathematica package. The implementation is short and slow, that is why I posted it here and not in the Software Area. It think it is more interesting from a theoretical point of view.
The interactive editor for the facelets will need at least Mathematica 6.0

Attachments

• TwoPhase_Mathematica.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 76

mrCage

I implemented the Two-Phase-Algorithm in the simplest form in a Mathematica package. The implementation is short and slow, that is why I posted it here and not in the Software Area. It think it is more interesting from a theoretical point of view.
The interactive editor for the facelets will need at least Mathematica 6.0

Hmm. The compiled vesion is faster,and the sourcecode (delphi) is freely available. Who needs this??:confused:

Per

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
e. Who needs this??:confused:

Are you complaining about a gift from Kociemba? :p

Mathematica is a great language for certain computations, and I use it to compute and create graphics/data about the cube all the time. It's interesting to see the two-phase algorithm in Mathematica (as Herbert mentioned, it's short, so more pure and readable than fast code with syntactical overhead), and I can imagine more flexible adaptations of the basic implementation.

(Also, I've been tempted to write this myself some day.)

Jorghi

0-0 How do you even make these.. I know how to program.. But how would you structure this? Do you make a 3x3x3 array and brute force or what?
What is Two-Phase?