• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Twin Cities Cubing Classic

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
I wasn't planning on attending, but I noticed now BLD events were listed. Are there really no BLD events?

I typically add events the day of the competition. I'd rather add events than drop them. But at the last Wisconsin and the last Minnesota, BLD was added the day of the competition.

It depends a lot on turnout and volunteers, but I am usually able to manage to add events. The events are usually determined by the request of the volunteers, that's why we have Square-1 and Skewb.

Last edited:

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
true. i might go if there is BLD...and if phil promises to let me win one event.

EDIT: ...and if it doesn't cost almost $400! holy crap!

Last edited:

Lord Voldemort

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
WCA
2009PRAS02
Maybe not appropriate place to ask, but w/e.
I'm live in Minnesota, so it's pretty close to me, and I'm considering going to this.
I was just wondering if everyone that goes to competitions are pros, because I seriously don't want to show up there as the only person who gets more than 15 seconds or something.

MistArts

Maybe not appropriate place to ask, but w/e.
I'm live in Minnesota, so it's pretty close to me, and I'm considering going to this.
I was just wondering if everyone that goes to competitions are pros, because I seriously don't want to show up there as the only person who gets more than 15 seconds or something.

You should go to a competition for fun, not to win.

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
I never expected to win, but I was a bit intimidated of being surrounded by all elite cubers.

I organize competitions and my typical average is not much below a minute. Don't worry, pretty much every competition will have cubers that average above a minute.

Yes, it IS a competition, but don't think about it that way. Use the competition as a way to network and as an opportunity to meet some really good cubers and absorb as much of their knowledge as you can.