• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Traxxas 30K

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Slightly off topic, but the best I can find. The Traxxas came today in all it’s RC car glory, and when I opened it, I tested the viscosity by dabbing at a spot where the lid had some lube. It was gluey. So I decided to put it into my Aolong v2, in case it ruined my cube, and left me with a horrible cube. I do not regret it. 5/5. It became flagship like, corner cutting at almost 60 degrees, and line to line reverse. The speed increased a significant amount as well (people say it’s meant to slow down cubes), parallel to my GTS2M. It’s late now, so I’m going to lube that tomorrow, core included. Can’t wait to see the effects!

So, once again 5/5, for speed improved, corner cutting improved, and not slowing the cube down. However if you do want your cube to be more controllable, I recommend trying the 50K.
The only thing left to see is how long it lasts!

MarkA64

Traxxas is good news, heard a lot of good about it. Mine is coming tomorrow!

Will lube several cubes with it and give my review here.

Last edited:

icarneiro

I would like to know about traxxas 10k, i bought one and i’m waiting for deliverying in my home.
is it good?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok I have lubed my GTS2M’s core and pieces, and it is AMAZING. Corner cutting once again at around 55 degrees, and line to line revers. The speed is amazing, yet still controllable. It has a smooth gliding feeling. A must buy :)

As for the longevity of the lube, the Aolong is still going strong, maybe retracted a little bit, but that’s just the initial performance. I’ll write a review a few weeks later. I also lubed my Rubik’s Brand, and the speed improved a bit, with line to line normal cutting and around 12 degrees reverse.

Mischiiii

CDB2179D-C26D-468D-AE16-D1DDE3D6EDCD.jpegAre we really talking about this stuff ? I bought it way back when i was starting out with cubing and even this 10k is making my cubes terribly slow and gummy. Even if i just use very small amounts. am i doing something wrong?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I disassemble the top layer and one edge, then use a paintbrush to apply the lube to one side of the F2L edge I took out. Then I do a stripe along a corner from sticker to stalk end. Assemble. Break in. If you have excess, pry your cube open and wipe.

For hardware, disassemble centre piece, squeeze a drop in the hole of the centre, and that’s it. If you want to stop the plastic wearing away, and eliminate spring noise, put some below and above the washer, inside the spring, and the inside of the screw head. It works really well :)

Just realised I didn't answer your question. Traxxas is multipurpose and so can be both a centre and piece lube.

Pyjam

Premium Member
Thank you. You answered perfectly. I need to lube my 4x4 WRM. It makes sounds like if I'm strangulating a goose.