• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Top Cubers Puzzle List

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I'm looking to build out a list of the cubes that the fastest cubers use in order to help people decide on which cube(s) they want to use themselves.

I've started a document here, anyone can edit and add puzzles and names to the list:
https://goo.gl/CtXcGY

Please add what you can. If we can get enough data I think this will be a useful resource to keep updated to help others in picking cubes. Please go in and edit info with what you know. Thanks.

I feel like in the case of 3×3 cubes use the flagship by the company they're sponsored by, so I think it's just a matter of personal preference where all the cubes are essentially good enough

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Where are the actual names of the cubers, or am I missing something? I would've expected column A to contain the names like Feliks, Max, Mats, etc. And then in the following columns the name of their main.

I don't quite understand how to read this chart, can you give me some help?

It just occured to me that column A was probably corrupted by someone pasting in their movie theater listings by accident!

I recovered the last version that did not have this mistake. It should be a lot more clear now!
There must have been some spam there. Here is what it looks like now:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5qzexyzwwl02k6/Screenshot 2018-07-13 08.45.50.png?dl=0

Looking good so far. Let's keep adding more info.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would think that, for this list, people will primarily be interested in just the very top people. Considering that the top 100 3x3x3 solvers have official averages that are sub-8 (wow - I can't believe we hit that milestone!), I'd guess we'd not want to track people slower than that.

LightFlame_

The Andromeda Galaxy (Over The Garden Wall)
WCA
2016OCAE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would think that, for this list, people will primarily be interested in just the very top people. Considering that the top 100 3x3x3 solvers have official averages that are sub-8 (wow - I can't believe we hit that milestone!), I'd guess we'd not want to track people slower than that.
Considering that 100 would be waay too much, maybe the top 25 or so, maybe 20? We already have 16.

I'm adding Drew Brads and Jayden McNeill.

Should we add Rowe and SeungBeom Cho?

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results

Considering that 100 would be waay too much, maybe the top 25 or so, maybe 20? We already have 16.

I'm adding Drew Brads and Jayden McNeill.

Should we add Rowe and SeungBeom Cho?
The idea of this sheet is to help people pick which cubes to use, and to have an up-to-date document with the best cubes on the market. If you guys can think of a better way to build an up-to-date list of the best puzzles, let me know. The spreadsheet is filling up, the more we can add to it, the better. So please add any info you can provide to the sheet.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Reactions: pjk

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
why are you only trying to track all of the mains of the top 20 3x3x3 speedcubers when only 1 of the top 10 for 2x2x2 is being tracked, you also have a lot of people such as
Max Xiong (熊锐明)
Anyu Zhang (张安宇)
Wong Kin Lok (黃健樂)
Pedro Alejandro Condo Tellez
Simon Stannek
Alexey Zharikov
Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡)
who are very good at big cubes and do not appear as they are not quite 'good' enough at 3x3x3.
Please add them to the spreadsheet. There is no specific reason, we're trying to collaborate on this spreadsheet to make it as useful as possible so if you have others to add and their cubes, please add them.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Can anyone else contribute to the spreadsheet or provide links to where this info can be found? I think having this up to date spreadsheet would be quite useful for people looking to see what the top cubes are on the market (which is updated over time).

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Can anyone else contribute to the spreadsheet or provide links to where this info can be found? I think having this up to date spreadsheet would be quite useful for people looking to see what the top cubes are on the market (which is updated over time).
Before I say or add anything to the wrong place, is the spreadsheet for anyone to add what they think about a perticuler cube, based off of course that they either have one or knows how it feels? If that is the case then I will be more then happy to add my 2 cents worth of advice. Thanks.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Before I say or add anything to the wrong place, is the spreadsheet for anyone to add what they think about a perticuler cube, based off of course that they either have one or knows how it feels? If that is the case then I will be more then happy to add my 2 cents worth of advice. Thanks.
It's a spreadsheet of some of the fastest cubers and the puzzles they use. This is useful so people can easily find which cubers the fastest solvers are using.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
It's a spreadsheet of some of the fastest cubers and the puzzles they use. This is useful so people can easily find which cubers the fastest solvers are using.
I see, thank you for letting me know. So what then are all the pages for each event meant for? Are those going to be filled in with the cubes on the main page, or what? Also, since I do not know that main cubes from the top cubers, is there anything else I can do go help on the sheet? Thanks

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I see, thank you for letting me know. So what then are all the pages for each event meant for? Are those going to be filled in with the cubes on the main page, or what? Also, since I do not know that main cubes from the top cubers, is there anything else I can do go help on the sheet? Thanks
See this thread for info about the other tabs (which were added in that thread):
https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/up-to-date-best-cubes-on-the-market.70815/

WCA
2023FUKU01
why are you only trying to track all of the mains of the top 20 3x3x3 speedcubers when only 1 of the top 10 for 2x2x2 is being tracked, you also have a lot of people such as
Max Xiong (熊锐明)
Anyu Zhang (张安宇)
Wong Kin Lok (黃健樂)
Pedro Alejandro Condo Tellez
Simon Stannek
Alexey Zharikov
Yi-Fan Wu (吳亦凡)
who are very good at big cubes and do not appear as they are not quite 'good' enough at 3x3x3.
Wong Kin Lok (黃健樂) is the NR holder of Hong Kong in most event.