• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thinking about starting a new service

WCA
2018BRUM01
Doesn't that already exist?
It probably does somewhere, but I don't know of anywhere that does it except like the cubicle and speedcubeshop, but you can't send in cubes that you already have there as far as I know. They also charge a ton. I would probably only charge like $5 for magnetization and set up, and I would have a big variety of magnets you could choose from to magnetize your cube, and I have all of the SCS and cubicle lubes. IDK if I will do anything for sure, just curious if anybody would actually want that before I go out and buy a ton of magnets or anything.

WCA
2018BRUM01
Assuming the customer pays for shipping, do you think $5 will cover the cost of magnets, glue, lube and time spent working?

There may also be an issue with you being paid to work with hazardous materials (cyanoacrylate) while being a minor. You'd need to research the specific laws for that though, as well as whether you would be able to operate a business from your home and what taxes you would pay on your earnings.
IDK about the laws, but I am positive that $5 will make me at least a few dollars profit for each cube. Magnets are only like 50 cents for 48 off them, and glue is super cheap. I have a ton of lube that I can use as well so I am not that worried about any of that. I would have the customer pay shipping though. If I do it as a small scale business in my room I don't think I will have to pay taxes on it. This is all just theoretical right now though.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Assuming the customer pays for shipping, do you think $5 will cover the cost of magnets, glue, lube and time spent working?

There may also be an issue with you being paid to work with hazardous materials (cyanoacrylate) while being a minor. You'd need to research the specific laws for that though, as well as whether you would be able to operate a business from your home and what taxes you would pay on your earnings.
IDK about the laws, but I am positive that $5 will make me at least a few dollars profit for each cube. Magnets are only like 50 cents for 48 off them, and glue is super cheap. I have a ton of lube that I can use as well so I am not that worried about any of that. I would have the customer pay shipping though. If I do it as a small scale business in my room I don't think I will have to pay taxes on it. This is all just theoretical right now though.

WCA
2018BRUM01
I probably would not make that much. I would mostly do it for fun because I really like to set up cubes and magnetize cubes while watching netflix or doing other stuff that does not require that much of my attention.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I probably would not make that much. I would mostly do it for fun because I really like to set up cubes and magnetize cubes while watching netflix or doing other stuff that does not require that much of my attention.

Makes since to me. You like doing it, you pass the time, and you get some money. I say go for it!

RyanP12

WCA
2019PUSH02
You need to differentiate. Start looking into boron treatment and polymer coating. If you become financially stable, start an LLC. Depending on age, it’s looks pretty good in college applications, “started a legal corporate entity”.

PhoenixKidXD

Uhhh hey buddy. I wanna know where you got 48 magnets for 50 cents from. Im veru much intrested

LNBFilms

In Honours Agebra I (Sucks just like Chem) DND!
WCA
2019BATE05
If you want, I have some N48 (Strong) mags from the cubicle left over, no glue left though. Just PM me your address/P.O. Box, if you have one and do not want to share your address. I f you don’t want to share your address, then I don’t know how I can help. I will have to wait to count them, till I get home though. PM me for more Info!

P.S. Can you PM me the link to the magnets and glue on Ali Express? Thanks!

Last edited: