• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thinking of starting a cube store in Melbourne

Would you buy from an Australian store?

• Yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzz

Great idea! Highly convenient for all us Aussies. I recommend just stocking up on common brands like Dayan and Moyu. And I might be keen to buy big cubes like 7x7 to 11x11

epride17

WCA
2014PRID01
Great idea! Highly convenient for all us Aussies. I recommend just stocking up on common brands like Dayan and Moyu. And I might be keen to buy big cubes like 7x7 to 11x11
Yeh I was thinking them and ss 4x4 and 5x5 maybe 6x6 to get started

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
You need to get a lot of each to make a profit AND sell at reasonable prices, so **** SS 4x4 and 6x6, if people want those they can order online. Get core puzzles.

MoYu/DaYan 2x2
MoYu AoLong/LiYing/WeiLong 3x3
MoYu AoSu 4x4
ShenShou 5x5/wait for MoYu 5x5
ShenShou Pyraminx/Moyu Pyraminx
MoYu Skewb
DaYan MegaMinx

etc

You can afford to get a few brands/types of 2x2s/3x3s/Pyras/Skewbs because they're cheap and sell regularly. But 4x4+ you have to be careful with what you order. It took 9 months for 30 Maru 4x4s to arrive, which were completely obsolete and I had to sell at a big loss when they did arrive. I might be interested in reopening a my cube store, so PM me some details if you want to work with me. The Aussie scene has grown a lot since I had my store, and I'm 18 so my paypal won't get frozen again. I already have some contacts.

wm

As someone who is based in New Zealand, an Australian based store would be good for getting a puzzle/puzzles quickly providing the item is in stock. One thing to note that could be a potential negative would be keeping prices competitive enough so that a buyer wont go to another store to save money over saving a few days/week delay for their order. Looking at the results of the poll with 80% in favour of an Australian puzzle store, there does look to be a demand for one.

epride17

WCA
2014PRID01
thanks for the positive support everyone just finalising first order hopfully should be set up not to far in the future I will post website once it is created
please feel free to post your opinions if you disagree with the store

Last edited:

Niah

just remember a website is an investment. more people will feel confident in buying from a legitimate looking website than one that's designed by an amateur. i would totally buy some from comps, but most people in comps already got cubes they already wanted i would imagine. selling spare parts, special cores, special stickers though, that would be something special at comps i reckon. i never been to a cube comp, but i've been to many fighting game comps, they sell sticks, but also spare parts and repair services, modding services

Last edited:

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
ottozing
Don't worry about cores at all, and don't worry about stickers for right now. For lubricant, I think most people would be happy with Traxxis 50k/30k, but we'll wait for what other people think.

FailCuber

WCA
2011CHOI04
Can you ship the cubes worldwide? There's really no decent cube stores around me and australia is close to where I live. (i actually live in korea but it's closer then the US.)

Last edited:

Bryan Chia

YouTube
BryanChiaGH
Don't worry about cores at all, and don't worry about stickers for right now. For lubricant, I think most people would be happy with Traxxis 50k/30k, but we'll wait for what other people think.
yes i agree !
as i found some taxxas lube on ebay requires shipping fee, and it's not cheap at all..
so it would be great if you sell those :)
and does your store requires any shipping fee ?

Status
Not open for further replies.