• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The rise of Chinese cubers? (Yiheng Wang (王艺衡) / Ruihang Xu (许瑞航) / Yezhen Han (韩业臻))

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
In the top 30 the USA has the most people 3x3 average and then china has the second most.
If you’re trying to figure out which of the 2 countries is better, you should use way more than 30 people. It’s too small of a sample size to get an accurate representation of which country is actually better with only 30 people.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Johnny WHAT did I say about homework? You seriously think that practing a complex topic that will decide your future help you pay those taxes? Instead, take this twisty thing I found at the dollar store, become good at it, and become sponsored by a huge company that will turn you into a person who can afford taxes. Counting to 5 is useless anyway.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Johnny WHAT did I say about homework? You seriously think that practing a complex topic that will decide your future help you pay those taxes? Instead, take this twisty thing I found at the dollar store, become good at it, and become sponsored by a huge company that will turn you into a person who can afford taxes. Counting to 5 is useless anyway.
the chinese dollar store cube might actually be a decent one lol

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
They don’t need to be able to count to 5 as long as they only get sub-5s. :p

WCA
2017PRAM03
i am indonesian who have chinese ancestry from my father and my chinese name is 吳景福 .
i want to add it to my WCA profile
i already contact Indonesian WCA delegate but not respond
can i contact foreign delegate ?
hope someone answer.
because i want when i comp at china or taiwan, i want local people can say my name easier.

ZB2op

What is interesting to me is that of the two very young cubers I showed, Yiheng Wang and Ruihang Xu, I'll throw in Zaiyang Zhang (张在旸) too with obligatory Brody video

is that while they have decent efficiency, none of them use very complicated algsets or theory and achieve their amazing results just with lookahead and pure execution. I can't generalize that to Chinese cubers as a whole, because we know there are cubers who do have amazing knowledge of algs like Ruimin Yan / CubeRoot, but that's what I saw from these people.
They also all are white cross only solvers

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
They also all are white cross only solvers
yeah that's interesting for the CN / non-CN debate. because if you're not doing complicated xcrosses and stuff, then maybe white cross is sufficient.

here is a relevant faz blogpost https://www.cubeskills.com/blog/colour-neutrality
if being white cross only is working for them, and getting close to wr times, then they should be practicing just that. I mean maybe switching to CN would be a waste of time

scrubizilla

YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah that's interesting for the CN / non-CN debate. because if you're not doing complicated xcrosses and stuff, then maybe white cross is sufficient.

here is a relevant faz blogpost https://www.cubeskills.com/blog/colour-neutrality
if being white cross only is working for them, and getting close to wr times, then they should be practicing just that. I mean maybe switching to CN would be a waste of time
I totally agree with you, well said.

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
But then there's the fact that you can't take advantage of super lucky non-white scrambles. Jayden McNeill also talked about white cross advantages here Colour Neutrality is king (but not necessarily the best) — Jayden McNeill Speedcubing Blog (jaydenmcneillcubing.com)
thanks for the blog post. I've heard about white only cross possibly being better for lookahead and maybe for things like pseudoslotting
also I'm tempted to call white only cross as white privilege just to confuse people

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't notice this but GAN actually had some interviews with the little GAN gurus and their parents who all know how to solve the cube also. Actually a lot of interesting info in the videos.

They have rubik's cube courses in preschool. that's how they learned so quickly.

Advice on cubing from little kids