• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Juggling Discussion thread

Can you juggle?

• Total voters

MoRpHiiNe

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I here you guys like me updating this thread with my juggling videos... So here I go again :p.

2.5 months of juggling now :) pretty happy with my progress!

Last edited by a moderator:

unirox13

Who here uses Russian Balls? I was a Russian Hater for quite sometime but I'm becoming a huge fan of them. I've made probably 6 or so sets of them over the past year out of everything from playpit balls to dog toys. Right now my main balls are the Plug & Play Russians by Play.
What are your favorite shells for Russians? If you're using playpit Russians which brand of playpit balls are you using? The ones that I got from Walmart were total crap.

P.S. Morphine, dude, I wish I'd progressed half as quickly as you. Awesome work dude.

MoRpHiiNe

YouTube
Visit Channel
I used russians as my mains for about a month of that progression and only just switched out to some homemade bean bags a few days ago.
I just used cheapy playpit balls from Kmart, with salt as filling, and they were decent but I'd prefer bigger ones- like the plug and play ones- but I don't want to really spend money on juggling balls for a while as I've already got so many different types to work with.
My most recently made bags are made in the 6 panel style sportco balls are made but I used denim as the material and birdseed filling. They're actually pretty good though, they feel heaps better for practicing 5b than russians, though the russians are just so good for showers and well everything really :p.
But I've decided I'll stick to my new beanbags for a month or so and see how they are, then see if I want to keep using them or move back to russians :p.

Nico1

OK I guess

I can do 3 balls and tons of tricks, but then 4 balls are shaky and I drop like 1 in 25... no tricks for 4.

unirox13

Just thought I'd post this review of the soon to be released 32-panel Tossaball juggling balls from www.flyingclipper.com

I had a ton of fun making the review and these props are amazing.

[video=youtube_share;dkyG98pkjEc]http://youtu.be/dkyG98pkjEc[/video]

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
not so small update(for me) : YAYYY Finally i got 5ball flash I was waiting for it really. I started doing some tonight and abut 10 or so attempt before i got it i was catching 4 balls and the 5th ball would just hhop off the 2 balls in my hand... so happy:D:D.

Also I'd lie you guys opiinion on the subject of "you should be good at 4 balls before you learn 5" thing?

Last edited:

Rubiksboy1

Yeah, I juggle. I can do 3, 4, and 5, plus a buch of tricks with all of them.
I can juggle two balls and a cube while solving the cube, but I have only done that once.

unirox13

Just thought I'd post this review of the soon to be released 32-panel Tossaball juggling balls from www.flyingclipper.com

I had a ton of fun making the review and these props are amazing.

[video=youtube_share;dkyG98pkjEc]http://youtu.be/dkyG98pkjEc[/video]

Bump and new info! The balls from the above video are now available at flyingclipper.com

Go check out the Tossaball Phat Tyre 32 juggling balls
http://www.flyingclipper.com/home/fly/page_1024_134/tossaball_phat_tyre_32_juggle_ball.html

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
who are the juggling people i should subscribe to on youtube you who post good content/ post semi frequently?

also, what are some impressive looking 3 club tricks? i can juglle 3 clubs consistantly and can do doubles 70% of the time?

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Juggling?

I have noticed that many cubers can juggle, including Macky and Feliks. How many balls, and is it a main hobby?

EDIT: I cannot juggle any more than 1 ball.

Last edited:

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have noticed that many cubers can juggle, including Macky and Feliks. How many balls, and is it a main hobby?

EDIT: I cannot juggle any more than 1 ball.

So what you mean is you play catch with yourself. I can do basic juggling (3 balls), but the main style I like is contact. The concept of isolations is so cool to me..

peterbone

YouTube
Visit Channel
Eva, the person in that video is the person who posted in this thread 3 posts before yours. It's very impressive.

Here's my latest juggling video, which is focused on difficult balancing tricks. If the YouTube link doesn't work then try the link underneath.
http://juggling.tv/13393

Last edited by a moderator: