• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Great Cubing Debate

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, we already have too many events containing 3x3 or NxN cubes.

On a scale from 1-10, how much of a sport is cubing, considering its competitiveness, physical requirements, skill requirements, ability to spectate, etc?

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In denial that they're an outdated company. Trying to be a part of the cubing scene again, but failing (Zhanchi 2017, XiangYun)

What other hobby is cubing most silimar to?

Mastercuber04

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think cupstacking is similar, in that competitions are similar, and the community seems pretty similar
It also is a hobby that relies on muscle memory and quik hands
Not to mention we stole their timers

Is sub 1 6x6 possible?

Hazel

Premium Member
Clock, not because I dislike it that much, but just because it's the least cube-like and times are getting so low that soon the WR's will be down to luck.

QiYi was a random cube company that made terrible cubes, but then started created really amazing speedcubes and is now pretty much dominating the market. What other cubing brand in existence now that you think will do this too?

It depends on what you define a company as, for example, if you count X-Man as its own company QiYi becomes no where near as relevant. If you count X-Man as part of QiYi, then defiantly QiYi.

Who will be first to sub 4 in competition on 3x3?

Mastercuber04

YouTube
Visit Channel
Most likely max park
But i hope its feliks because im a big fan of him

What do you think is something seemingly random that may actualy help the cubing community
Like magnets

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Most likely max park
But i hope its feliks because im a big fan of him

What do you think is something seemingly random that may actualy help the cubing community
Like magnets
An update to YouTube, maybe, that will promote smaller creators, such as cubers with under 10K subscribers, and help to introduce new people to cubing, and grow the community.

is clok th e worst evnet ?