• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Cubing Z-League

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
It will likely have the main WCA events, although details are a work in progress. I am thinking about whether I should have a combined league with combined points from all events or separate leagues for each events. I'll keep you all posted on the decisions.

If you would like to organize events by a certain league or something then I have a proposal for how they would be organized

1: Small league (2x2, 3x3, Skewb, Pyraminx)
2: Big league (4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7)
3: Side league (Square-1, Megaminx, OH)
4: Mental league (BLD, FMC)

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is this going to start?
Zain Hello?

Updates:

Spend the last week working on a Excel document which will hopefully automate the process. I haven't found a way around collecting the data automatically though, so for now will stick to inputting data manually and the spreadsheet should do the rest - from point allocation to leaderboard placements. Just working with some sample data to make sure it all works and we should be good to go very soon.

If you would like to organize events by a certain league or something then I have a proposal for how they would be organized

1: Small league (2x2, 3x3, Skewb, Pyraminx)
2: Big league (4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7)
3: Side league (Square-1, Megaminx, OH)
4: Mental league (BLD, FMC)

Not a bad idea, although many cubers - such as myself - would be put at an immediate disadvantage of not being able to compete in all events within a single category. Something I may consider for the future though if all the separate leagues become too much to handle.

The Leagues will consist of individual events, as well as an overall league for all event scoring combined.

Cubers can compete in multiple events and will be automatically allocated to the league based on their qualifying time, although it would be best to not compete in the events that you know you will not be doing throughout the league to avoid misplacing a more serious cuber from a potentially higher league.

I will post the scrambles for all the events shortly, and I will give plenty of time (somewhere between 1 - 2 weeks) for people to post their results. Cubers are welcome to post their results here, but to filter them out from the regular discussion, if they could be put in bold or larger text that will be much appreciated. Alternatively, competitors can PM me if that is more convenient for them. Multiple qualifying events may be required if results get too hectic just to confirm the positions of individuals in each league.

Hopefully throughout this event we will see cubers rise through the tiers as they progress in certain events, and perhaps the cult leaders may spot some talented individuals to enter their elite teams. Cubers can specify their cult when posting their times and we may see some interesting trends (I am aware the cult competition is already very heated so keep an eye out for that). As always more details to follow.

Be sure to keep an eye on the Mo V Critic league to see how it progresses as well as viewing a snapshot of what these leagues may look like.

Good Luck,
Speed Cube Critic

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure if you need this yet, but others have been posting it so here are my averages:

2x2: 7
3x3: 16
4x4: 57
5x5: 1:52
6x6: 4:00
7x7: 6:00
OH: 28
FMC: 50
BLD: 2:30
4BLD: 15:00
5BLD: 1:00:00
MBLD: 5 points
Pyraminx: 7
Skewb: 11
Square-1: 30
Megaminx: 2:00
Clock: 17

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2: Brooo that's so ez, like I can solve in it 0.02 seconds
3x3: 45 seconds
4x4: 3:20
5x5: What's that? Who's he?
6x6: A what now?
7x7: Do you mean a 10x10?
OH: Oh? How do you even...
FMC: Huh, never heard of it
BLD: I can solve the cross blindfolded!
4BLD: There's sooo many pieces
5BLD: Whatty there is MORE pieces!
MBLD: I can solve one cross edge on 10 cubes blindfolded!
Pyraminx: A Rubik's triangle?!
Skewb: How do you turn that thing?
Megaminx: I think you mean mega big Rubik's cube
Clock: Puzzles are not allowed to have transparent pieces