• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] The best 1x1?

WCA
2022ESPI14
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got the z cube 1x1 and it is insane!!! Amazing corner cutting and very fast and smooth
Sadly the adjustment system was complicated and confusing
i can’t wait for the z cube 1x1 m pro ultra maglev edition
you should try out the speedcubeshop 1x1, its pretty cool considering they set it up themselves with lubes

WCA
2023FUKU01
Does anyone know how to get sub 10 minute times? I'm pretty sure the top 1x1 solvers use the method CFOPS which stands for CFOP skip. I do full step on the 1x1 with cross skip, then I do f2l skip, then oll skip, then pll skip
I use Roux on 1x1. My main is the TianMa X1 v2 and I'm sub 12 hours on 1x1, taking just a bit longer than solving the Rayminx. I'm going to get the UV coated GAN 110 M pro as my new main so that I can solve a 1x1 faster than a rayminx.

NmeCuber

WCA
2022ETHR01
I use Roux on 1x1. My main is TianMa X1 v2 and I'm sub 12 hours on 1x1, taking just a bit longer than solving the Rayminx.

So idk if this method is better but I was doing some research and I realized if you do the opposite of reduction and make the 1x1 like a 3x3 then you have a greater chance of getting either f2l skip, oll skip, and then pll skip, or cross skip, f2l skip, and then zbll skip, still learning the algs for this method though. Please tell me if it is more efficient

fdskljgrie

WCA
2023WALT03
SS Competition Results
I like the cubicles 1x1 megaminx diy kit. there are three different internal mechanisms you can choose from, black white and transparent.
Black internals:
- good corner cutting
- fast
White internals:
- really smooth
- decent corner cutting
Transparent internals:
- really fast
- lesser corner cutting
- smoothest
You can get the pre-stickered version, but that costs more.
The 1x1 pyraminx is also very good, and has the same internals as the 1x1 megaminx.

WCA
2022ESPI14
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the cubicles 1x1 megaminx diy kit. there are three different internal mechanisms you can choose from, black white and transparent.
Black internals:
- good corner cutting
- fast
White internals:
- really smooth
- decent corner cutting
Transparent internals:
- really fast
- lesser corner cutting
- smoothest
get the maglev conversion kit also, it makes it really smooth

Cuber987

Does anyone know how to get sub 10 minute times? I'm pretty sure the top 1x1 solvers use the method CFOPS which stands for CFOP skip. I do full step on the 1x1 with cross skip, then I do f2l skip, then oll skip, then pll skip
Me, as a pro, as stated in my signature, I have a nine minute fifty nine second solve! I got sub-10 minutes! I could advise staying away from LBL because it takes longer, as you have to do cross skip, corners skip, second layer skip, and then last layer skip. I suggest using the FL method, standing for first two layers skip then last layer skip. I know about the CS method, cube skip, but it takes way too long to learn, and unless you want to be world class, it's not worth learning all the zero algs for it.

WCA
2023FUKU01
im getting a 1x1 which is the GAN 110, its just 10 millimeters so its good for OH
I really want to get a bunch of UV coated GAN 110 M pro for practising 1x1 multi blind, but that's soo expensive that I will have to sell all my organs, so I'm planning on getting some super rs1m ball core for 1x1 multi blind.

Cuber987

I really want to get a bunch of UV coated GAN 110 M pro for practising 1x1 multi blind, but that's soo expensive that I will have to sell all my organs, so I'm planning on getting some super rs1m ball core for 1x1 multi blind.
What's your PB for 1x1 Multi-BLD?