• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tempest 3V1 Development Thread (2016 Model leaked)

Who Should Tempest Work With on Mass Manufacturing?

• MoYu

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • QiYi

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • GAN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yuxin

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • FangShi

• ShengShou

• Dayan

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Independent Company

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sion

Are bigger or smaller cubes better? Why are brands normally using 55 mm?

@Username: Username: Actually said the best reason why. It's not to big, but not too small. It's just right. I actually thought of 55.5mm before the valk came out as the golden size, and was pleased to see that QiYi went with it.. The cube i've been designing is 55.5mm.

And what is tempest?

Usually a name for a violent storm and also the name of one of the late William Shakespeare's plays. The name was suggested back in 2016 by a person known as iamspeedcubing (I wonder where he is now.) I liked the name and have ran with it since.

Sion

Wow this is a great project
Hopefully it will be mass produced
weird question but how old were you when you started and did you have a 3d printer or something to test on

I mostly borrowed my library’s 3d printer, and then did an upgrade to shapeways.

Sion

How close? Like 1 month or like a year?

If everything goes to plan (ie: The samples I try are to a high standard), the estimate is by the end of the year for real this time.

If it doesn't though, we may need to wait a little longer, but chances are low that this would happen.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
That is undecided, but I'm hoping for $30-$35.

Hugely looking forward to this, hoping everything goes well for you. A lot if us are looking for something "new" as opposed to the big hitters producing minor reiterations on already best selling flagships, constantly raising the ceiling of what is considered a good price to pay for a cube.

Best of luck, I will be constantly following your progress, and I will be sure to support you by purchasing one from a retailer in future.