• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TCLL - 2x2 Method

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, but I think he means why put "State" when you can put "World"? It's like I can say, "I can solve a 3x3 in less than 10 minutes!" I mean, it's impressive enough to people who can't solve it at all but...

Tophu's just a modest feller.

On topic: TCLL is a nice name ;)

TheDubDubJr

Cupcake
WCA
2011WELC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I feel so special for knowing about this for the past month. :)

I feel special for helping generate algs for it! :3

Yeah, but I think he means why put "State" when you can put "World"? It's like I can say, "I can solve a 3x3 in less than 10 minutes!" I mean, it's impressive enough to people who can't solve it at all but...

Because he just likes to rub State Records in my face! :p

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
TCLL New 2x2 Method.

I feel so special for knowing about this for the past month. :)

Hahahaha me too XD. But it's a really cool idea.. Something I never would have thought of.

Well, let's be fair, there are probably some other state records he holds. Such as:

Fastest Wasian cuber
Fastest Cubing Photographer
Laziest WR holder (he can't even be bothered to buy another stackmat timer)

To just name a few :D
Hahaha too cheap to spend $30 on a GEN 2 Timer and mat deal I found him for $30 XD

Last edited:

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh good, you finally fixed the spaceship set. Though "Yeah, I know I'm missing an al here. I'll get around to it. " isn't very nice to see, especially considering 'alg' has a 'g' in it. :p

Yeah I know...I'm just that lazy.

iirc Justin showed me this in 2011, I like your name for it though.

Like I said, we didn't create it. We just finished developing it.

Dapianokid

AUF/AUD + these algs + all of EG + a few extras = algs for the entire cube. You've done it, sirs.

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stollery%203.gif

Needs U2 before the alg

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Me and Rob Yau decided to develop this method after seeing Stefan's post about RoFL (Rotten First Layer)

Wow, I had no idea anybody was taking it any seriously. And I almost ignored+missed this thread :D

How do you pronounce TCLL? Like "tickle"?

Why did you choose these two cases, though? At least from my phase 2 stats, the cases where two adjacent corners are twisted in the same direction look even better. Is it because phase 1 looks nicer? I guess that also explains why Justin thought of that version if he did.

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stollery%203.gif

Needs U2 before the alg

Yeah, I still need to add all the pre AUF stuff.

Wow, I had no idea anybody was taking it any seriously. And I almost ignored+missed this thread :D

How do you pronounce TCLL? Like "tickle"?

Why did you choose these two cases, though? At least from my phase 2 stats, the cases where two adjacent corners are twisted in the same direction look even better. Is it because phase 1 looks nicer? I guess that also explains why Justin thought of that version if he did.

I just pronounce it as "Tee-CLL" haha.

We originally started by looking at the cases where the two adjacent corners were facing opposite and same directions but then we decided to just do these first.
I don't really remember why to be honest. I think I just thought this might be more useful. I plan on generating algorithms for both of those sets too, at some point.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Arcanist Hardware Area 5
Discomantis Software Area 9
E Puzzle Theory 13
AidanNoogie Cubing Help & Questions 5
Rubiks560 Puzzle Video Gallery 10