• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TCLL - 2x2 Method

YouTube
cyoubx
Yeah, but I think he means why put "State" when you can put "World"? It's like I can say, "I can solve a 3x3 in less than 10 minutes!" I mean, it's impressive enough to people who can't solve it at all but...
Tophu's just a modest feller.

On topic: TCLL is a nice name ;)

WCA
2011WELC01
YouTube
TheDubDubJr
I feel so special for knowing about this for the past month. :)
I feel special for helping generate algs for it! :3

Yeah, but I think he means why put "State" when you can put "World"? It's like I can say, "I can solve a 3x3 in less than 10 minutes!" I mean, it's impressive enough to people who can't solve it at all but...
Because he just likes to rub State Records in my face! :p

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
kennanlejeune
TCLL New 2x2 Method.

I feel so special for knowing about this for the past month. :)
Hahahaha me too XD. But it's a really cool idea.. Something I never would have thought of.

Well, let's be fair, there are probably some other state records he holds. Such as:

Fastest Wasian cuber
Fastest Cubing Photographer
Laziest WR holder (he can't even be bothered to buy another stackmat timer)

To just name a few :D
Hahaha too cheap to spend $30 on a GEN 2 Timer and mat deal I found him for $30 XD

Last edited:
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Cyotheking
Thread starter #32
Oh good, you finally fixed the spaceship set. Though "Yeah, I know I'm missing an al here. I'll get around to it. " isn't very nice to see, especially considering 'alg' has a 'g' in it. :p
Yeah I know...I'm just that lazy.

iirc Justin showed me this in 2011, I like your name for it though.
Like I said, we didn't create it. We just finished developing it.

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
StefanPochmann
Me and Rob Yau decided to develop this method after seeing Stefan's post about RoFL (Rotten First Layer)
Wow, I had no idea anybody was taking it any seriously. And I almost ignored+missed this thread :D

How do you pronounce TCLL? Like "tickle"?

Why did you choose these two cases, though? At least from my phase 2 stats, the cases where two adjacent corners are twisted in the same direction look even better. Is it because phase 1 looks nicer? I guess that also explains why Justin thought of that version if he did.

WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Cyotheking
Thread starter #39

Needs U2 before the alg
Yeah, I still need to add all the pre AUF stuff.

Wow, I had no idea anybody was taking it any seriously. And I almost ignored+missed this thread :D

How do you pronounce TCLL? Like "tickle"?

Why did you choose these two cases, though? At least from my phase 2 stats, the cases where two adjacent corners are twisted in the same direction look even better. Is it because phase 1 looks nicer? I guess that also explains why Justin thought of that version if he did.
I just pronounce it as "Tee-CLL" haha.

We originally started by looking at the cases where the two adjacent corners were facing opposite and same directions but then we decided to just do these first.
I don't really remember why to be honest. I think I just thought this might be more useful. I plan on generating algorithms for both of those sets too, at some point.