• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TCLL - 2x2 Method

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, if you visited my website anytime with in the last month or so you've probably noticed that there was a "Secret page" on there that you couldn't access without a password. Today I'm going to be announcing what is on that page.

Me and Rob Yau decided to develop this method after seeing Stefan's post about RoFL (Rotten First Layer)
So we can't take the credit for it. Me and Rob just made the algorithms for it. (Walker Welch and Jay McNeil also helped find a few algorithms)
What does TCLL stand for?

TCLL stands for Twisty CLL

How does the method work?
The method is just like CLL except your last corner can be twisted in any orientation and then you solve the cube in one algorithm.
Note: The two orientations are named + and -. The + set is when the corner is facing you and the - set is when the corner is facing the right.

How many algs is it?
It has 86 algorithms total. 43 for the + set and 43 for the - set.

TCLL example solves
R' F' R2 F R' U' F2 R' U'

x2 y (Canceling moves instead of doing U2 R U2 R) U2 F R F' R U

F' R U' R' U F2 R' U2 R2

y' L' U' L' F' L F U2 L' U2 L

U R' F R' U2 R F' R U'

z2 U' (Canceling moves instead of doing R U' R') R U2 R' U2 R U2 R' U

This method can give you some ridiculously easy solves.
I've been using it for the past month or so and it has proved to be very useful. TCLL is really more of an addon method than a method to be used on it's own. I still think you would be better off learning CLL/EG-1 before this. I think this method will be targeted for the fastest 2x2 solves who want to take things to the next level.

https://cyotheking.squarespace.com/secret-page/

EDIT: I forgot to mention I haven't made algs for the - set yet. But you can just inverse algs in the meantime.

Last edited:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
So would you recommend a new solver learn CLL->EG1->EG2->TCLL?

And is TEG1 and TEG2 coming next?

Seems with about 200 total algorithms you could easily one look with one or two premoves max.

You already one look a lot, but with this it would be even easier to one look.

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So would you recommend a new solver learn CLL->EG1->EG2->TCLL?

And is TEG1 and TEG2 coming next?

Seems with about 200 total algorithms you could easily one look with one or two premoves max.

You already one look a lot, but with this it would be even easier to one look.

Yeah, that's the order I would recommend.

We thought about TEG-1 and TEG-2 but it seems better to just do F R U' R' and then EG-1.

Coolster01

WCA
2011SBAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Forget EG-2, I'm learning this! These cases are way easier to get.

EDIT: are only the cases for corners that have to go counterclockwise on the website? I know we could just mirror algs, but lefty moves can be annoying. :/

EDIT2: Just saw that you don't recommend this before eg-2, I'll finish that I guess and come back in a month or two.

Last edited:

Bunyanderman

WCA
2010SMIT01
Would building a side of just 4 oriented corners not caring about which (yellow,white) (Red,orange) (Blue,green.) and then using one alg to solve the rest? Ex. Scramble: R' U' R2 U2 R' F2 U2 R' , if you just do R then you have a side of oriented white/yellow. I have no idea how to calculate # of algs, would this be something to look into?

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would building a side of just 4 oriented corners not caring about which (yellow,white) (Red,orange) (Blue,green.) and then using one alg to solve the rest? Ex. Scramble: R' U' R2 U2 R' F2 U2 R' , if you just do R then you have a side of oriented white/yellow. I have no idea how to calculate # of algs, would this be something to look into?

It's called OFOTA. And it takes ~90 algs + PBL

90+ algs x 6 PBL cases = 540+ algs I believe, and that's if you rotate to make the opposite/adjacent PBL just one set, not 2.

D

Deleted member 19792

This sounds interesting.

Chris, were you using this at Cubetcha?