• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TapStack© timer for iPhone!

biohead

Just tried it on my friends Iphone and it is really cool.
How about an Android version ? Would make me a happy camper.

zlookup

saw this last night and grabbed it. it looks very nice. some means of storing times or charting it would make this the the ultimate timing app. if it somehow could integrate with CCT like the real stack mat , that would also be very cool

do you have a roadmap of how you plan to develop this app? or was this the final feature list?

keep up the good work.

Gerra

I'm learning the iPhone SDK only (took me a long time enough so far).
On the other hand, I cannot test it without a device.

Gerra

saw this last night and grabbed it. it looks very nice. some means of storing times or charting it would make this the the ultimate timing app. if it somehow could integrate with CCT like the real stack mat , that would also be very cool

do you have a roadmap of how you plan to develop this app? or was this the final feature list?

keep up the good work.

TapStack expert is part of the next-6-month-plan (with average of x counting, session graph-s, 2-handed landscape mode, and random generated scrambles for a bunch of puzzles).

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow. High-quality timer, definitely.

I do have two suggestions:
-when you start the app, the power should be on. It's just kinda annoying to have to turn it on. (I would say to remove the power button altogether, but I think that would break the beautiful stackmat design)
-it takes a bit too long for the green light to turn on.

Still, besides those two small discrepancies, excellent work. I'll definitely be using this from now on.

Gerra

TapStack Pro, sound better (and shorter).
Yea, gonna be the one dollar ($0.99) version.

Gerra

I thought solving session involves more than one solve, it means about 5-10 or more timing sessions, and the power button usage needs only on app launch, therefore maybe it isn't annoying as you said.

Another point is the transcription includes the power off after 10 minutes, so switching power back needs a button.

Someone said that green light has a 1 second delay. Maybe this interval is shorter? I have to update it then in the name of true functional transcription.

Thanks for the reply.

P

PeterV

Looks great. I'll hopefully be able to give it a try this evening after work. I'll have to always keep in mind not to slam my hands down to hard, as jms_gears1 pointed out :rolleyes:

EDIT: Well, I've just gotten a chance to download this app and did a few solves with it. There's no question that it looks great. It also functions very well and was a lot of fun to use. There really isn't much negative to say about it.

The only thing I noticed, as blade740 pointed out, was that the green light did seem to take a bit long to turn on. When I compared the timing between my actual Stackmat's green light and the TapStack's green light, I did notice that the TapStack's took a split second longer to turn on. I don't consider this to be a big deal, though.

I love that it looks, has the feel of, and functions like a real stackmat timer. Great job!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerra

Thanks for all the positives.
Ok, greenlight will be update next week, 'cos it is about 4 minutes of work at all.

Could somebody measure that greenLed interval preciesly somehow? I want to update it once. :)

Maybe a simple camera recording can do that. It works with 25 or 30 frames/ second, so you can calculate the time by centiSeconds=(frames/25)*100; I suppose.

Last edited:

DcF1337

Really impressive, graphics are well done. You just rendered my physical Stackmat Timer useless. :)